el rey theater

"Oh, my gosh, what happened?" Nini asked as all the cast mates, except for Gina who wasn't there, tried to walk into the theater room

"Oh, my gosh, what happened?" Nini asked as all the cast mates, except for Gina who wasn't there, tried to walk into the theater room. It basically look like it had just exploded with firefighters walking around inside.

"It's okay. Nobody was hurt. There was a small fire in the theater over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job," Ms. Jenn told them all, trying to keep a smile on her face.

"We're almost done in here, just have to finish up in the faculty room next. Some circuits blew in there over the break," a firefighter carrying a smoking, burnt basketball walked over and told Ms. Jenn.

"A small fire did this?" Nadia questioned, shaking her head as she looked around at all the destruction.

"Apparently so," Carlos said with a sigh. "But, it's okay. As long as the show can go on, this is just a small setback!" he exclaimed and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Unfortunately, the show cannot go on," the firefighter said to Ms. Jenn and all of the students' eyes widened.

"What?" Ms. Jenn said.

"Fire ripped through half your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets. I'm-I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to red tag the entire backstage area for a month at least," the firefighter told Ms. Jenn, handing her the basketball that was still smoking.

"Did she just say costumes?" Kourtney asked in shock.

"Okay," Ms. Jenn started, turning towards them. "Okay, listen up. Hug your neighbor, take a moment and let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about our options. Nini and Ricky, spread the word."

"Got it. Yeah, of course," Nini said, nodding.

"Ricky?" Ms. Jenn to Ricky who was texting someone on his phone. "Ricky?!" Ms. Jenn repeated once Ricky didn't seem to be paying attention.

"Huh? Sorry. After school in the cafeteria. Got it,"
Ricky said, nodding.

"I can't believe I'm actually kind of upset," Nadia said, shaking her head. "I guess I didn't realize how important this whole thing was for me until now and that if the show is actually over, my parents won't get to see how hard I worked. How hard we worked." She sighed, moving a piece of hair away from her face. "Wow, I really am turning soft."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nadia stood in the cafeteria with all of her cast mates who were conversing or sitting by themselves, trying to make sense of all of this. "I invited my boyfriend to see the musical and now it might not even happen! Why didn't I even get a boyfriend in the first place if he can't even see me perform?" Marcus exclaimed, dropping his head into his hands.

"Marcus, you have boyfriend because you both like each other, remember?" Nadia said, tilting her head.

Marcus lifted his head up from hands. "Oh, right."