dance-off

"What are you all doing here? Scoping out the competition?" Lily asked as Nadia and EJ walked into the costume room from another set of doors behind everyone

"What are you all doing here? Scoping out the competition?" Lily asked as Nadia and EJ walked into the costume room from another set of doors behind everyone. Nadia immediately glared at Lily once she saw her.

"We came for our Beast mask. We know you took it," Carlos said, not holding back.

"Eh, pardon me, but our costumes are most excellent. Why would we steal your mask when it is so, uh...I — We do not have a word for this in France but in America, I believe you say, uh, 'fugly'?" the French guy, Antoine, said, making them all gasp.

"What did you call my work?" Kourtney questioned angrily.

"Quoi?" Antoine said in confusion.

"Look, I'm sure you mask is supes cute. But we're just in different leagues. I mean, we're literally a quasi-pre-professional theater company, and you guys put on shows based on made-for-TV movies," Lily said, laughing.

"Yeah, and you're also a quasi-pre-professional bitch, so I guess it balances out then," Nadia bit back, crossing her arms. EJ reached out to give her a high-five at her comeback, but she quickly whispered under her breath, "Not the time."

Lily scoffed. "Oh, really? Maybe you should listen to your precious High School Musical and stick to the stuff you know."

Seb scoffed. "Oh, yeah? What if we bop to the top?" he said.

"Honey, no," Carlos said and Seb frowned.

"Let's just wait for the Menkies. We'll see who's in what league then," Ricky spoke up.

"Or we could find out now," Lily suggested and everyone gave her a confused look.

"What does that mean?" Big Red asked.

"We challenge you to a good old-fashioned dance-off," the blonde said.

Nadia scoffed, shaking her head. "And I thought you said High School Musical was for amateurs," she said, loud enough for Lily to hear.

"Really? A dance-off?" Kourtney asked in disbelief.

"A what?" Ashlyn called out.

"A school-versus-school dance-off to a Beauty and the Beast song chosen at random. You'll do your version, and we'll do ours. We'll see which school has what it takes. No costumes, no makeup. Just talent," Lily explained.

"Well then, if we do this, we got it in the bag since they seemed so obsessed with costumes and makeup to overcompensate for their horrible show," Nadia whispered to EJ, and he nodded.

"I'm sorry, no. That's weird," Ricky said, chuckling awkwardly as he began to walk out of the room.

"Super weird," Ashlyn agreed.