Becoming a Tursugi

. . . Marinette POV . . .

I did it. I defeated Hawkmoth. It was the month after I became the guardian. It all still haunts me. No one knew how bad it was, not even Chat Noir. The miraculous cure erased their memories shortened the battles that would last all week. Only I remember them. After Hawkmoth's defeat, I took Chat's ring. He won't be needing it, the miraculous is going into hiding for a while. Kagami's mother approves of me and offered to take me to America with them. I accepted. Lila just came back and well, everyone is distancing themselves. They will come around, after all they are my friends.

We will be going to Gotham. I can't wait. My parents are allowing me to go to pursue my fashion career in America. That and they thought a new environment would be good for me. I know Hawkmoth is defeated but I have seen everyone dead multiple times. I walk past strangers and remember their dead faces as they asked for my help. I don't, can't sleep anymore.

I bid everyone goodbye and we left on the Tursugi private jet. To Gotham, New Jersey in the USA. Miss Tomoe and Kagami slept mostly on the plane ride. I sketched unable to close my eyes without thinking about lifeless bodies. "Mari-hime, did you sleep at all?" Came Kagami's concerned voice. I shook my head no. We just finally landed in Gotham. I desperately need caffeine, I'm barely functioning without it.
Miss. Tomoe didn't want me to have more coffee something about it being unhealthy. The Tursugi's dragged me away. I just let them, as I'm too tired to function.

They had wanted me to be comfortable so they didn't buy a huge mansion here in Gotham. Just a three-story house. It was rather plain on the outside with no yard. On the inside, however, it was decked out. The main floor had the master bedroom, kitchen, dining, and living room. The second floor was a training dojo with a workspace set up for me in one corner. The third floor had mine and Kagami's rooms, a bathroom, and stairs leading to the roof. This place is amazing.

Kagami's mother told me no coffee till morning. I'm starting to have withdrawals. She underestimated my caffeine addiction if she thinks I won't sneak out for coffee. At this point, I've decided to call Kagami's mom mother. I call my mom maman so it is a different name. She was shocked at first but just went with it. My second mother. Kagami's going to kill me for sneaking out but I need caffeine. We all went to bed once we got here. Okay, not me obviously. Quietly I opened my door. Tip-toe-ing up the stairs to the roof. I silently opened the door. Before walking out and gently shutting it so it doesn't slam.

I heard a thump on the roof and instantly smelled some coffee. Without a thought, I went for the cup in their hand and chugged every last drop. Once I finished, I lowered the cup to see Red Robin looking at me horrified. "There were eight shots of espresso in that. Not to mention it was mine." I placed the now empty cup back in his hand. "Sorry Red Robin but I needed coffee. I was about to go get some when you landed here with some, you had perfect timing by the way." I said slowly gaining my senses again. "Tt. Why did you stop." An annoyed voice says before revealing himself to be Robin as he also dropped onto the roof. Red Robin points at me. "She stole my coffee." Robin then turns to me and freezes. "What do I have something on my face?" I asked to sleep-deprived to actually care. "No." RR answered for him. I shrugged my shoulders.

Humming a song under my breath I walked to the edge of the building and sat down pulling out my sketchbook. Doodling away, I figured the viligents would have just left. My humming turned to singing as I sang a song from memories of being Ladybug. At this point, I was singing a story to the moon in Gotham. While sketching new designs with the energy I got from a stranger's coffee. I was in my own little bubble, I didn't notice when my singing ended. Thump. Jumping at the noise I turned to see Red Hood. "What are you doing out here little lady? Gotham is dangerous at night." He asks well more like scolds me. "Sketching, the night gives lots of inspiration." I answered with ease. "Besides I can handle myself." I added under my breath. "Being able to handle yourself doest mean it is safe." He retorts.