Chapter 3

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEE- I smash my hand into my alarm clock not willing to get up.

"I then I'm going to call in sick Bebe," I say feeling mentally dead. Bebe whimpers and lies her head on my shoulder. I know I can't miss a day of work because I need the money, but I really don't want to face the world right now. It sounds too painful. Oh well, I have dealt with more pain than this so I am going to work.

I groan as I sit up from my bed and go get in the shower. The shower was cold like always so I get in and out quickly and throw on a sweater. It's in the middle of February and freezing. Plus I always wear long sleeves. I throw on my blue jeans, and a grey beanie. It complements my bright green eyes and long brown hair.

"Off to work Bebe. Be a good love you." I say as I walk towards the door. As soon as I open it I see Steve standing there about to knock on my door.

"Steve..." I say because I'm not sure what to say.

"Hey listen. I need you. You are everything to me. I love you so much and I was so stupid to do that to you." He said looking sincere.

"Wait sorry for what?" I asked.

"For cheating on you. Duh." He said rolling his eyes.

"What about the abuse Steve? What about hitting me? Are you even worry about that?" I asked astonished.

"What? Oh, sure I'm sorry for all of it." He said quite rudely. I wasn't feeling well emotionally and I didn't want to be alone, yet I didn't want it to be Steve.

"Um Steve I really don't know right now I'm so sorry," I say whiles turning around and locking my door.

"Wait just listen to me Adelaide I miss you-" he started but I cut him off.

"Sorry, Steve I just can't decide right now," I say and walk past him. The urge to cry was tempting but I didn't and continued on my way to work.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey Scott anybody here for me today?" I ask like I do every day.

"Nope." He said extra cheery today.

"Wow someone's in a good mood." I chuckle as he almost skips into his office.

I decided that I wanted a new tattoo so load my tattoo machine and I decided to get it on my ankle and it will be the word free and the last 'e' will be connected to the stem of a feather because I just want to be free.

I felt pretty good so I started. It turned out really beautiful and it's only the size of half of my pinkie finger.

"Addie babe, you're out of here," Kat said whiles looking at my tattoo. "Wow, your good. That looks awesome. Let me wrap it for you." She said while grabbing the plastic wrap and some tape. As soon as she was done I stood up and gave her a hug said goodbye and walked back to my apartment.

I was on the sidewalk when a man in a giant black truck pulled up next to me on the sidewalk and rolled down his window.

"Hey you look tired let me give you a ride." He said. I didn't even look up knowing that I would probably be kidnapped if I got into his truck.

"No thanks, but thank you for the offer," I said politely and continued walking. He kept driving right next to me at my pace.

"Oh come on we could get to know each other and I think you need a ride." He kept pleading. I will admit I couldn't help but love the sound of his deep sexy voice.