Chapter 28

I took off towards our kitchen. I found the perfect hiding spot the other day. I made a quick dash and jumped into the bottom drawer of our pantry as soon as the door opened.

"Addi! You know that you can't play hide and seek with me because I can smell you." He yelled into the kitchen. Stupid fucking werewolves. I held my breath. He would have to come and get me then.

"Seriously! Sometimes I swear. You make me crazy. Just come out!" He yelled again. I tried to hide the hurt with a smile, even though he couldn't see me. I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't hurt. Like always.

Since I had gotten here I have broken down in tears, and I have also punched multiple people. My emotions are a wreck, and I don't know how to fix them. I have started to get depressed again, and I don't know why. Everything is so frustrating. I didn't notice I was crying until Wilder opened the cupboard. He froze seeing my tears.

"Look Addi I'm sorry. My wolf has been on edge and-" he sighed. "I can see that you are sad again. I can feel it since I marked you. I can feel your emotions." He looked deep into my eyes and my walls broke for the second time. I started to ball.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm a horrible mate. I can't even be happy with what I have and I am a horrible person." I sobbed. Wilder sighed and pulled me gently from the cupboard.

"Don't say those things. None of them are true. You need to talk to me. You need to tell me what's going on. I'm supposed to be here through all of the tough times, and I will be. Tell me what you are feeling." He said looking deep into my soul.

What did I feel? What did I want? What would help this emotional chaos? What should I do? Immediately the words, the dreaded phrase popped into my mind. It would help with everything I was feeling.

"Fuck me." That was all I said and Wilder's eyes turned black and he started to growl.

"Addi you are not ready! Are you trying to tease me!" He yelled and stood up after setting me on the floor.

"Who the fuck are you to tell me if I'm ready or not!" I yelled right back more tears streaming down my face. He sighed and looked down at me.

"Addi you are not ready to stop before you regret it." He said calmly.

"I won't regret it! I'm the one who said it! What are you scared of!" I yelled opposite of his newfound quietness.

"I-I'm not afraid of anything." He said looking down at his feet. Lies.

"Bullshit! Tell me now! I'm your mate I deserve to know!" I yelled now furious. He sighed and once again his eyes bore into mine.

"I'm afraid of losing you. I'm afraid that once I fuck you that you will regret it and leave." He said not even wavering his gave from me. My heart yearned for him.

"I won't regret it. I will never leave you. If I was going to leave you, then I would have already. We have been through too much shit for me to give up now. I will never leave you. I love you." I said getting up from my spot on the floor.

"Do you promise? Promise that you will never leave?" He said repeating my words from before. We were both crying now.

"I will never leave you. Ever." I said and finished it with a quick peck to his lips. He scooped me up making me squeal. He cradled me in his strong safe arms and carried me up the steps. I was like a doll. A glass doll in his arms. I would easily break. I could easily stay with you forever, and I am beautiful to everyone, but myself. Many people have told me that I was ugly before. So I believed them.

Wilder opened our bedroom door and carried me towards the bed. He gently set me down and turned to close the door. I looked down and noticed my lack of clothing. I blushed as Wilder turned around and looked at me.