7

Wanda was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast, when Nat walked into the room with a pacifier in her mouth, holding her beloved fluffy and rubbing her tired eyes. Since they were alone at the compound, Nat felt a bit more comfortable in her headspace. Wanda turned to watch her and couldn't help but smile as Nat yawned, causing her pacifier to fall to the floor.

"Aw," Nat said with a cute expression and a pouting lip, looking at the fallen pacifier. Wanda chuckled and walked over to pick her up from the floor.

"Good morning, baby girl," Wanda greeted her, holding Nat close.

"Gud monin, mommy," Nat mumbled, her face buried in the curve of Wanda's neck. Wanda proceeded to use her powers to make pancakes, causing Nat to look on in enchantment. She had always loved seeing things fly, and watching the pancakes hover in the air made her chuckle.

Once the pancakes were done, Wanda filled a sippy cup with orange juice and sat down with Nat in her lap.

"Don wan, mommy," Nat protested, nuzzling further against Wanda's body.

"Why, baby?" Wanda asked, looking at her with concern. "You need to eat, sweetheart."

"No," Nat shook her head, refusing the food.

"But baby, you need to eat to be strong," Wanda gently stroked Nat's cheek.

"No," Nat shook her head again, turning to look the other way.

Wanda held Nat's head between her hands, looking a little disappointed. Nat, afraid of disappointing Wanda, looked down.

"Please, sweetheart," Wanda pleaded softly.

"Mommy," Nat whined, and Wanda could see the fear in her eyes. Wanda's disappointment quickly turned into understanding.

"Otay," Natasha said, sighing softly. Nat laid her head on Wanda's chest. Wanda began to feed Nat, hoping that her little one would eventually feel more comfortable and willing to eat.

Once they were done, Wanda placed the dishes in the sink, and Natasha watched with a smile as the dishes flew into place.

"Baby girl, why don't we go upstairs and color something? What do you think?" Wanda suggested, caressing Nat's cheek.

"Yay!" Nat exclaimed, shaking her hands in excitement. They went upstairs and started coloring. Nat lay on her belly, tongue sticking out of her mouth, and her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Wanda took out her phone and snapped a picture, finding her adorable.

"Baby?" Wanda called, getting Nat's attention. "Hi, mommy," Nat said, beaming.

"Hi, baby," Wanda replied with a smile. "Hmm, don't you think Fluffy needs a shower?" she asked softly.

"Nu," Nat replied, sitting up and hugging the stuffed animal tightly to her chest. Wanda approached Nat and pulled her onto her lap.

Wanda held Nat close, feeling her little one's distress over the idea of Fluffy needing a shower. She gently stroked Nat's hair and tried to reassure her.

"But baby, look how dirty he is," Wanda said, pointing at the stuffed bear. Nat shook her head and held Fluffy tighter against her chest.

"Baby girl, it's just for a couple of hours," Wanda said, her voice filled with love and understanding. "Then he will be clean and smelling nice."

"I don't want, mommy," Nat said, tears streaming down her face. Wanda wiped away her tears, comforting her.

"I promise it won't be long, okay? Fluffy will be back before you know it," Wanda said, caressing Nat's cheek with her thumb.