30

Just as Natasha and Kate made up, Wanda was called in on a mission. It was a short one, but she would be going alone, which meant no Nat. This also meant leaving Natasha alone with her sister and Kate. Truth be told, Yelena was still hurt about Natasha being mean to her little, and Natasha was still insecure about Kate. Wanda was apprehensive about how the situation would develop.

Kate was running towards her momma when Natasha placed her foot, so the girl would trip. "Oh no, Katie, dat's why we don run," the redhead said cynically, just in time for Yelena to show up.

"Oh Bubba, come here," the blonde said, picking up the girl and holding her on her hip. "What happened, hm?" she asked, looking at the girl's reddish knee.

"I find momma den-den," the girl looked at Natasha. She wanted to say it was the other girl who had made her fall, but she didn't want to get her in any trouble, or cause any trouble either, they had just made up, and she really didn't want to lose her momma "Fall."

"It's alright, bubs. You're okay," Yelena said, kissing the top of the girl's head.

"No, sissy," Natasha protested. "Need to kissy Katie's owie to make it aaaaaall better," she explained.

"You're right, buddy," Yelena said, winking. "Thank you." She also kissed the top of the redhead's head, which made her smile widely.

(⧗)

Wanda going on a mission didn't help Natasha deal with her feelings. She wasn't being neglected, as Yelena was taking care of her, but it still didn't feel like it was enough.

Natasha longed for her mommy, she yearned for her sister. But every time she tried to spend time with Yelena, Kate would come and attach herself to her. It made Natasha feel like an outsider in her own family, amplifying her insecurities and making her feel even more distant.

She understood that Kate and Yelena had their own special bond, but it didn't make her feelings any easier to bear. She craved the attention and affection from her loved ones, wanting to feel like an integral part of their lives.

Natasha tried to hide her emotions, putting on a brave face, but deep down, she couldn't shake off the sense of loneliness and longing. She hoped that with time, she would find her place within the dynamics of their family and feel truly loved and valued.

"Natty," Yelena called, knocking on her sister's door. 

"No, out," Natasha answered from inside the room. 

"Natty, come on, buddy," the blonde pleaded, still knocking on the door. 

"Go way," Natasha whined, while holding tightly to her stuffed animals. 

It wasn't until Yelena opened the door that she started to shout, "I hawe ou," Natasha shouted, looking at her sister who was holding the brunette's hand. 

"Natty, you don't mean that," Yelena said, a bit taken aback. 

"I do, I hate you, and I hate you Kate," Natasha said, sounding a lot bigger.

 "Alright, I can't deal with you right now. When you calm down, you know where to find me," the blonde said firmly. "Kate needs me," she looked through the door to see that her little girl had run off. 

"I need you," Natasha shouted, with tears rolling down her cheeks.

 "You know I'm always here for you," the younger Russian said, a bit confused. 

"No, you are not," the redhead said. "You're always with Kate, which is fine. I don't care. Do what you want."

 "Natasha, where is this coming from?" Yelena asked, confused at her sister's words.

 "I just thought that this time was gonna be different, that it was gonna be just us, like we always dreamed about. But it took you one month to replace me," she shouted the last part.

 "I didn't replace you," Yelena said. "And for God's sake, you act like you're all by yourself. You have Wanda," she pleaded. 

"But I want my sister," Natasha cried out. "Wasn't the plan that we were gonna stick together and get out, just you and me?" 

"Well, the plan failed when you left me in that hellhole to rot," Yelena said with venom in her words.

 "I didn't have a choice," Natasha said with guilt and regret in her voice. 

"You could've come back," Yelena said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

 "I couldn't find you," Natasha said in a similar state. 

"Didn't you even try looking?" the blonde asked, hurt visible in her eyes. 

"Yes, and every time I would come back with empty hands, hoping you were dead because that was better than still being in there." 

Yelena didn't want to talk to her sister anymore, so she slammed the door of Natasha's room, leaving the redhead crying.

The tense confrontation left Natasha devastated and crying into her pillow. The weight of their unresolved issues, combined with the deep-rooted longing for their once-shared dream of sticking together, had taken its toll on both sisters.

Yelena, overwhelmed by the flood of emotions, stormed out of Natasha's room, tears streaming down her face.

As soon as Yelena entered her room, Kate was waiting for her, "Momma?" the little asked with her face stained with tears.

"Oh, bubba, come here," the blonde said, wiping her own tears before opening her arms for the girl to nuzzle into.

"Why Natty so meanie?" the girl asked, pressing her face against the blonde's neck.

"Hm, s-she's having a hard time right now, I guess, bubs," Yelena said, standing up while holding the girl tightly.

Wanda came back about two days later. It was the middle of the afternoon, and Kate and Yelena were watching cartoons in the living room.

"Hey, guys, how have you been?" the Sokovian asked. "And where's Nat?" she asked, looking around the room.

"In her room, where she's been the last couple of days," Yelena said, causing the Sokovian to frown a bit.

It had been a while since the last time Natasha had locked herself in her room for so long. Wanda walked towards the room and opened the door with her powers. She smiled a bit, looking at the woman on the bed.

"Hey, baby girl," she said, kissing the top of her head.

"Hi," the redhead said with a raspy voice. She had dark bags under her eyes.

"I missed you so much," the Sokovian said, smiling a bit.

"I missed you too," Natasha said, closing her eyes a bit.

"I'm gonna take a shower," Wanda said softly. "Why don't you come with me, hm?" she suggested, knowing that when Natasha was like this, she likely hadn't been taking care of herself.

"I'm tired," was all that Natasha answered.

"Alright, dekta," Wanda said, knowing better than to push the woman too much.

Once Wanda got out of the shower, she sat on the bed beside the other woman and reached out her hand to caress Natasha's arm. Natasha only turned her back to her, staring at the wall. Wanda sighed a bit before walking out of the room.

"Did something happen when I was away?" Wanda asked Yelena, who shrugged a bit.

"I don't know," the woman pleaded, causing Kate to raise an eyebrow. She didn't know the details, but she knew that the sisters had a fight a few nights prior. "We argued, but nothing much. Why?"

"I think Nat is having one of her depressive episodes," the Sokovian said sadly.

"Are you saying it's my fucking fault?" the blonde said defensively.

"No, no, not at all," Wanda said quickly. "It's a lot of factors, and, well, the argument might not have helped."