20

"No," Yelena answered firmly.

"But you act kinda... odd around Natty, so I thought that maybe, you know," Wanda said, shrugging a bit.

"Oh no, I'm not," Yelena repeated.

"You don't have to hide if you are. I mean, I know some good caregivers for you, or I could take care of you myself," Wanda continued.

"Wanda, I'm not a little, I swear," Yelena clarified.

"Oh, hm, then why?" Wanda asked.

"I was sent on a mission a while back, and..." Yelena started, but her words trailed off.

"And?" Wanda prompted.

"It was the first time I ever saw a little, and they were so..." Yelena trailed off.

"Cute and adorable, and you wanted to take care of them and protect them no matter what?" Wanda asked, her lips forming a soft smile.

"Yeah, exactly. But I wasn't able to do that, you know, the Red Room and stuff," Yelena answered.

"But you really want one, don't you?" Wanda asked, looking at Yelena.

"Hm, I-I'm not supposed to want one," Yelena replied. Wanda sighed, understanding the struggle Yelena was going through. It was similar to the initial trouble she had with Natasha.

"Tasha used to say the same thing, that she wasn't supposed to be little. But it felt good because that's who she is, and the more she pushed it away, the worse she got. Until she started to open up, and look at her now," Wanda said, showing Yelena the baby monitor where Natasha could be seen calmly sucking on her pacifier while cuddling with her stuffed animal.

"She's adorable," Yelena said, smiling while looking at the screen.

"You shouldn't suppress a part of you because they told you to," the Sokovian said softly. "You deserve to be who you are."

"Yeah, maybe, but I would never be able to have a little. I mean, how would I even find one that could adapt to my routine?" the blonde pleaded sadly. But Wanda smiled a bit in response.

She knew that Clint was temporarily taking care of a little until he found her a caregiver that he trusted. "I may know one," she said.

"Yeah, I highly doubt it," Yelena said, her tone still sad.

"Don't worry about it," the brunette said. "Good night." She left the room and called Clint, briefly explaining the situation. He suggested scheduling a play date, which she quickly agreed to.

The next day, Wanda told Yelena that a friend of hers was going to bring a little over. Yelena quickly panicked at the thought.

"Mommy," Natasha called after Wanda while watching Yelena nervously pace around the room.

"Yes, baby?" the brunette said softly.

"Why isissy walking wike dis?" the redhead asked, confused.

"Because she's nervous about Katie coming over," Wanda answered softly.

"Oh," Nat said. "Bu Katie nice," she pleaded, and Wanda nodded, agreeing.

"It's time for a nap, detka," Wanda said, getting up.

"Otay," the little girl said, making her way towards her sister and hugging her. This caused Yelena to flinch a bit, as she was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice when her sister approached her.

"Oh, hey, little dude," Yelena said, hugging her back.

"Sissy, Katie nice, no worries," Natasha whispered and kissed the blonde's cheek before walking away. Wanda chuckled a bit before picking up the girl and putting her on her hip.

After Wanda put Natasha to sleep, she went after Yelena to find the woman freaking out. "Lena," she called. "Lena." There was no response. "LENA!" she said loudly, finally getting the woman's attention.

"What?" Yelena asked, annoyed.

"Lena, you've got to calm down," the Sokovian pleaded. "If you get all nervous like this, it's not going to work," she explained.

"What am I supposed to do?" Yelena asked.

"Lena, you just have to be yourself," Wanda said softly.

"What if she doesn't like me?" the Russian asked.

"Well, first of all, that isn't likely," Wanda said. "And if she doesn't like you at first, you can always try again. I mean, people don't always get along right away. And if it doesn't work out with her, you can always find someone else," she said, trying to make the other woman calm down, but she had no luck.

About an hour later, Clint arrived holding Kate's hand, and the minute Yelena laid eyes on the girl that was hiding behind Clint, she fell in love. He sat on the couch, and Kate held his hand as she sat on the floor next to him.

"I'll be right back," Wanda said. "I'm gonna wake up, Natty."

"Okay," the blonde said nervously. "Hi, little one," she said awkwardly, looking at the girl who blushed a bit.

"Say hi, Kate," Clint instructed.

"Hi," the little whispered.

An awkward silence fell in the room until it was broken by Natasha's whines and cries. "Detka, Katie is here," Wanda said, bouncing the little girl a bit.

"No wan," Natasha pleaded. "Wan sweepies," she whined, nuzzling on the woman.

"You've slept enough, baby, or else you won't sleep at night," the brunette pleaded.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Yelena asked, looking at her sister.

"Wan sweepies, an' mommy meanie," the little pleaded while crying.

"Oh," the blonde chuckled. "How about we go play instead?" she suggested, rubbing Natasha's back a bit. "We can play with your favorite toys."

"Otay," the redhead said tiredly, moving towards her sister, who quickly picked her up from Wanda's arms.

"Do you want to come with us, Kate?" Yelena asked, looking at the little girl, who immediately looked at Clint for approval. Clint nodded, and Kate followed them shortly behind as Wanda and Clint stayed talking in the living room.

"Wow," Kate gasped as she looked around the playroom. Every time she met Natasha and Wanda, they were either at Clint's house or in the living room. She had never been to the colorful room before. 

The redhead just wanted to sleep, so as Yelena sat on the floor, she rearranged her position and closed her eyes, resting her head on the woman's chest. Yelena started to rub her arm while talking with Kate, asking her what she wanted to do. Quickly, the girl pointed to a few dinosaurs that Natasha had on one of the shelves.