10

Wanda had a restless night of sleep, so she decided to play a random movie for Nat and take a nap on the couch. Nat was happily playing with her toys on the floor while watching the movie.

In the middle of the afternoon, Nat started feeling hungry and decided to go get some cookies. She walked into the kitchen and noticed the cookie jar placed on a high shelf. Determined to reach it, she climbed onto the counter, then lifted her leg to climb the fridge, extending her hand towards the jar.

However, Nat couldn't quite reach the jar, and it slipped from her grasp, crashing onto the floor. Startled by the loud noise, she burst into tears, feeling scared and upset.

Wanda jolted awake at the sound of the crash and immediately rushed towards the source of the crying. She quickly noticed the broken jar and found Natasha sitting on top of the fridge, sobbing. Wanda used her powers to safely bring Nat down from the fridge and checked her for any injuries, relieved to find none.

"Are you hurt, sweetie?" Wanda asked, her voice filled with concern. Nat shook her head, indicating that she was okay. Wanda let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, picked up Nat, and started bouncing her gently as they moved back to the living room. She slipped a pacifier into Nat's mouth to help calm her.

Sitting down with Nat on her lap, Wanda faced her, wanting to address the situation. "Naty, what were you thinking doing that?" she asked gently.

"I-I just wanted a ookie," Nat replied, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears.

Wanda caressed Nat's cheek tenderly. "Hey, don't cry, no more tears, baby," she reassured her. "Next time you want something you can't reach, please ask mommy, okay? I don't want you to get hurt, my baby."

Nat sniffled and nuzzled against Wanda's shoulder. Wanda continued stroking her hair and asked, "So, what did we learn today?"

"To ask mommy to get things up too high," Nat answered, her head resting on Wanda's shoulder.

Wanda lifted her hand, conjuring a red mist to fix the broken jar, and made a cookie fly over to them. "Here, baby," she said, handing the cookie to Nat.

"Thankies, mommy," Nat replied, picking up the cookie.

"You're welcome, baby," Wanda said, kissing the top of Nat's head, grateful that she was safe and comforted.