15

Natasha woke up already feeling a huge headache. She and Steve had gone on a mission to a Hydra base with a few new recruits. It was supposed to be a simple mission, but Natasha just wanted to finish it quickly and return home. She became reckless and impulsive, taking down every Hydra agent in her path. Eventually, she found herself surrounded by more agents.

"Romanoff," Steve called out through the comms. "Natasha."

"What?" she shouted back at him. "I have a fucking headache, and you're not helping."

"Natasha, where are you? I'm coming to get you out," he said with concern.

"I'm fine, Steve," she replied angrily.

He helped her defeat the remaining agents and said, "Let's go."

"What are you talking about? The mission isn't over yet," she said, looking at him.

"But I'm taking you out," he said, looking at her. "Go to the jet."

"Are you kidding me?" she said in frustration. "You're really going to bench me?"

"Yes," he said firmly. "If you don't go willingly, I'll drag you out myself."

She huffed and walked out of the building, making her way to the jet. Once inside, a doctor on the jet noticed how pale Natasha looked and asked, "Are you okay, Agent Romanoff?"

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just a headache," she replied, although the reality was that Natasha was fighting the urge to enter her headspace since Wanda had left for a mission almost a month ago. It was exhausting.

She got up abruptly but stumbled on her feet and almost fell. The doctor quickly held her to prevent her from falling.

"Agent Romanoff, I don't..." the doctor started to say, but Natasha interrupted.

"I'm fine. I just need some..." Before she could finish her sentence, she passed out.

Natasha woke up in the hospital, scared by the unfamiliar sounds around her. She noticed a needle in her arm and began to cry.

"Shhh, Nat, it's okay," Steve said from the chair beside her.

"M-mama," she said between sobs.

"Oh, Nattie dear, Mommy is not here right now," he said, gently caressing her cheek.

"Wan Mommy," she said, starting to hyperventilate.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but I can't bring her to you," he said with a lump in his throat. Her crying intensified.

"Nattie, it's okay, sweetie," he said, holding her hand.

"M-mommy," she said, crying desperately.

"Why don't we watch TV, hm? What about that movie you like?" he suggested, trying to soothe her.

"W-wan Mama," she said, still crying.

Tony had arrived and saw Steve trying to calm her down.

"Mama," Natasha called out.

"Hi, princess," he said, approaching the bed. "Come here." He sat on the bed and pulled her onto his lap. "It's okay, princess."

"Wan Mamaaaa," she said against his chest.

"I know, but she's not here right now," Tony said, stroking her hair.

"Mama weave me?" Natasha said in a broken tone, looking at Tony with lost puppy eyes. It tugged at not only his heart but also Steve's.

"No, princess, Mommy is just working. She'll be back soon," Tony said in a caring tone, holding her tighter. Steve got up and whispered into Tony's ear.

"Do you have any word on Wanda?" Tony shook his head negatively.

"I'm going to talk to some people. I'll be back in a minute," Tony said, kissing Natasha's head. She was still crying.

Tony had brought a bag with some of Natasha's things and handed her a bottle that was already full, a pacifier, and a stuffed animal.

"Here, princess," he said, giving her the stuffed animal, which she quickly hugged tightly. Tony had no idea how to feed her the bottle.

"Princess, do you want the chocky milk? I made it myself," he said proudly, shaking the bottle filled with chocolate milk. She slowly lifted her head from his shoulder and nodded, still crying a bit.

He turned her so she was sitting on the side of his lap and started to feed her. Her head rested on his chest, and he wrapped his arm around her to keep her steady.

When she finished the bottle, she was very sleepy. Tony slipped the pacifier into her mouth and gently caressed her arm until she fell asleep. Soon after, he fell asleep as well.

Meanwhile, Steve had talked to every person he could in SHIELD to find a way to bring Wanda back from her mission.

He eventually was able to get that it took a couple of hours for her arrival, but as soon as she arrived, Steve explained what had happened and led her to the room where they were keeping Nat.

Wanda felt desperate and ran to the door. When she opened it, she saw Nat nestled on Tony's chest, both of them sleeping peacefully.

She stayed there, looking at them for a bit, until Nat started to stir on Tony's lap. Nat yawned and started to rub her eyes.

Wanda quickly went to the bed and picked up Nat from Tony's arms.

"Hi, baby," she whispered, holding Nat tightly. She had missed her baby so much.

"Mommy?" Nat whispered, opening her eyes.

"Hi, detka," she said, smiling.

"Mommy!" Nat exclaimed, holding Wanda by the neck.

"I missed you so much, baby," Wanda said, kissing Nat's head.

"I miss  Mommy," Nat said, pressing against Wanda's neck. "Pwease no weave me gain."

"I won't, baby. I promise that I won't," Wanda said, rubbing Nat's back as they walked around the room.

Nat's tears continued to fall, and Wanda tried to comfort her. "Don't cry, baby. It's okay now. Mommy is here."

"I fink Mama left baby," Nat said, pointing to her own chest.

"Oh, baby girl, I'm so sorry. I would never leave you. I was just working," she said softly, wiping away some tears that were falling.

"I love you, detka," she said, kissing Nat's forehead.

"I luv Mommy," Nat said, sniffing.