xii. envy

012

012. kindergarten
━━ cause this kindergarten crush
has got my stomach all twisted.

the sun had dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, orange glow across the horizon as the students finally arrived at the hotel, their tired faces now tinged with a sense of relief

weary from the lengthy journey, (name) wearily settled into her designated bed, her roommates busy with their own settling-in routines.

her attention was drawn inward, seeking solace in the embrace of rest after the day's adventures.

interrupting the calm ambiance, a voice broke through the silence. "excuse me, is this room 27?" the gentle inquiry caused (name) to rouse from her half-conscious state, her gaze meeting sucrose's.

the girl with vibrant, uniquely hued hair sat up expectantly, awaiting confirmation. "yes, you're in the correct room." (name) replied, her voice a soothing reassurance.

a soft "thank you" marked sucrose's departure towards her chosen resting spot. (name) briefly pondered the presence of her new roommate, mentally noting the count of three, before her focus shifted to a different matter.

"by the way, i'm going to work on a project with my partner. i'll be back in a while. let the others know, if you can." (name) announced, the rustling of her movements accompanying the retrieval of a notebook and pen.

with a nod of understanding, sucrose acknowledged her departure, her smile radiating warmth and camaraderie.

emerging into the corridor outside, (name)'s steps took her in search of another. kazuha appeared almost serendipitously as if summoned by her intention.

"good timing." he greeted, a welcoming wave punctuating his words. (name)'s inquiry about resuming their project met with a nod of agreement.

"we can do that in one of the hotel's restaurants."

as the two companions made their way through the expansive corridors of the hotel, (name) couldn't help but comment, "the hotel is truly expansive." her observation initiated a conversation, during which kazuha concurred.

"it is a 5-star establishment, after all. i must admit how luxurious it appears."

their dialogue painted a vivid picture of opulence—passersby caught in their own journeys, opulent furniture adorning the lobby, and the tasteful embellishments that contributed to an air of grandeur.

among the various adornments, plants stood sentinel in the corners, exquisite paintings adorned the walls, and each detail contributed to an ambiance that catered to a clientele accustomed to luxury and refinement.

"i sometimes envy carefree people." (name) mused, her thoughts breaking free into the open air.

kazuha's composure wavered briefly, a thoughtful clearing of his throat signaling his response, "what do you mean? is there something bothering you, (name)?"

the words hung in the air for a moment, the weight of her unspoken concerns lingering. but (name) simply offered a gentle smile, deflecting the gravity of her musings.

"you know... they seem to have no worries, just focusing on enjoying the moment. i wish i could be like them." in her smile, a mask for the deeper emotions she chose to shield.

kazuha, however, wasn't easily fooled. he recognized the layers beneath her facade, sensing that her story was far more intricate than met the eye.

inwardly, he made a silent promise to unravel those layers when the time was right.

redirecting the conversation, (name) shifted their attention to more immediate matters, their destination drawing near.

"anyway, here we are! would you like to order something? i'll cover it." her words brushed aside the moment's heaviness, offering kazuha a chance to opt for lighter subject matter.

a gentle decline of his head accompanied his response, "i'm fine with some tea." with the decision made, they chose a table by the window, settling in to continue their work amidst the restaurant's elegant setting.

"oh right, (name)... i never got your last name." kazuha noted, his fingers flipping through the pages of his notebook. (name)'s reply was swift, her smile unchanging, "it's (last name). i'm (name) (last name)."

realization dawned to kazuha, this answer posed its own enigma. shouldn't her name be lawrence?

the very name carried connotations both notorious and unfavorable, closely tied to rumors of illicit activities and a tarnished reputation.

as if emerging from a distant reverie, kazuha refocused on the present moment, locking eyes with (name)'s earnest gaze.

he chose not to tread into the territory of the lawrence family, aware of the shadow it cast over her identity.

"(name), i have a favor to ask, if you're willing," kazuha finally ventured. her gaze met his, curiosity mingling with anticipation. "of course, what is it?"

his words hung in the air, carrying a promise of deeper understanding and connection – "i want to get to know you more."

end of chapter: 012🍟 ━━  HAPPY MEAL, @YYANQING07 / 21 / 21  ;  08 / 09 / 23

end of chapter: 012
🍟 ━━ HAPPY MEAL, @YYANQING
07 / 21 / 21  ;  08 / 09 / 23

end of chapter: 012🍟 ━━  HAPPY MEAL, @YYANQING07 / 21 / 21  ;  08 / 09 / 23