xxii. sweet dreams

022

022. 13
━━ how could you change your mind?
who got inside your mind?

amidst the bustling crowd, (name), her hair a distinctive hue, focused intently on the bulletin board

the much-anticipated exam results were revealed, and as (name) stared blankly at the rankings, she discovered her name in an unexpected position.

3rd place - (name) (last name)

a mix of confusion and disappointment settled within her as she pondered how she had landed in the top three despite putting forth her best effort.

lost in contemplation, a gentle touch on her shoulder brought her back to the present, providing a welcome escape from her unwelcome thoughts.

"great job placing in the top 3, (name)." a familiar white-haired boy, kazuha, complimented, his lips forming a kind smile.

since kazuha's confession, a certain distance had developed between them. even when he offered to study together, (name) declined, citing a preference for solitary concentration.

it wasn't the truth; she yearned to spend time with him, but the conflicting emotions swirling within left her feeling frustrated.

"thank you, kazuha. i appreciate it—achoo!" (name) sneezed suddenly, hastily covering her mouth and nose. embarrassment washed over her as she noticed the curious glances from those around.

with a considerate gesture, kazuha handed her a tissue, and (name) accepted it with a thankful smile. just as she was about to express her gratitude, kazuha interjected with a surprising proposition.

"i'd like to take you out on a date this weekend, is that okay?"

caught off guard by the unexpected proposal, (name) blinked a few times, grappling with her thoughts.

the decision weighed on her, and after a moment, she replied, "sure, why not? just message me the time and place."

the prospect of the weekend date lingered in the air, injecting a sense of anticipation and a hint of excitement into the otherwise routine school day.