xiv. arcade

014

014. freaks
━━ i dream of you almost every night.
hopefully I won't wake up this time.

as the day drew to a close after a tiring school trip, the setting sun cast a warm glow upon the surroundings

as the day drew to a close after a tiring school trip, the setting sun cast a warm glow upon the surroundings. amid the fading light, (name) stumbled upon an inviting arcade room.

it was a lively scene, with her fellow batchmates engrossed in various games, their laughter and shouts echoing in the air.

with a curious gaze, (name) swept her eyes across the room, soon spotting ganyu and xiao engrossed in a corner.

ganyu's focus was fixed on a claw machine, her determined expression contrasting with the skeptical gleam in xiao's eyes.

known for their rigged nature, the claw machines didn't seem to deter ganyu's determination.

xiao stood by, a bemused smile playing on his lips as he observed ganyu's tenacity. deciding to join the scene, (name) approached the duo, even though her connection with them wasn't as strong as with some of her other batchmates.

"hey, ganyu! xiao! how's the claw machine adventure going?" she greeted, her steps carrying her closer. at the sight of (name), ganyu's composed demeanor seemed to relax, her gaze meeting (name)'s with a hint of relief.

"still trying to conquer the claw machine, huh?" (name) remarked, understanding ganyu's struggle.

xiao remained a silent observer, his amusement evident as he took in the ongoing pursuit. as (name) neared them, she found herself a part of the scenario, though she maintained a respectful distance.

"i'm still trying to nab this goat plushie," ganyu confessed with a small chuckle, her voice a mixture of determination and amusement.

"but, it seems the claw machine isn't in a cooperative mood today."

xiao's lips quirked upward in a faint smile, his eyes focused on the dynamic between the two girls.

"i'll give it a shot! although, don't expect any miracles—i've had my fair share of bad luck with claw machines." (name) offered with a sigh, a hint of playful frustration tinging her tone.