xix. opening up

019

019. soap
━━ i feel it coming out my throat.
guess i better wash my mouth out with soap.

as the sun disappeared from the sky, the night took over, revealing a moon adorned with a myriad of stars

as the sun disappeared from the sky, the night took over, revealing a moon adorned with a myriad of stars. most people had retired to their hotels, either strolling the premises or finding repose in their rooms.

amidst this nocturnal setting, a particular girl with (hair color) hair made her way to the hotel beach.

the cool breeze caressed her skin, and the moon cast its brilliance over her as she approached the water. the chill, intensified by the brisk wind, caused her to shiver.

unbeknownst to her, while she was captivated by the surroundings, another person had also chosen to take a stroll along the beach.

his crimson eyes identified her silhouette, and he silently observed her, noting the glimmer of a smile on her lips.

this marked the first time he had seen her in such a state, making him wonder how anyone could envy those seemingly unburdened by problems.

for a moment, she seemed to forget her own troubles, savoring the present moment.

abruptly, she broke the silence, "you seem to enjoy staring at people a lot." her gaze shifted to kazuha, who stood in surprise. "you look happier than before."  he remarked as he approached her.

with a hum in response, she turned her attention back to the scenery. "i remembered how our parents used to bring me and eula to the beach on weekends. however, due to their busy schedule now, we haven't been doing it."

kazuha, standing beside her, scanned her face and noticed a frown. "perhaps one day, you guys can do it again," he reassured.

as their eyes met for the second time, she blinked twice, acknowledging his sincerity and finding solace in the modest hope he offered.

"perhaps so. how about you, kazuha? what's your relationship with your parents?" she inquired, settling down on the sand and disregarding the now dripping water on her clothes.

"my father passed away when i was six, though my mother and i have a good relationship. she supports me a lot and is always there to listen to my problems." he shared as he joined her on the sand.

"what is she like?" she asked again, her gaze fixed on a crab swept away by the waves.

"she's strict and would give me a lot of lectures if i did something wrong, but she's still a caring mother at heart and works hard for us."

with an 'oh' and a smile, she commented, "seems like a wonderful lady. i'd like to meet her eventually." he smiled, "she'll adore you a lot."

(name) chuckled, pleased at the thought. "i know i shouldn't be intruding on your privacy, but i'd like to learn more about you and your family." kazuha questioned, shifting his gaze to her.

a contemplative silence enveloped them. (name), after a moment, opened up, "it's complicated because you know how scandalous my family has been. me and my sisters keep an eye out for each other, and qiqi's mother visits us frequently." her eyes struggled to hold back tears, and kazuha sensed her pain.

"i'm very sorry, i shouldn't have asked." he said hastily, concern in his voice. (name) shook her head, drawing her legs close to her chest, "don't worry about it. but please keep these things i'm going to explain a secret." a tear escaped her eye, swiftly brushed away.

"of course, i'll keep my mouth quiet. also, you don't have to appear strong around me; it's fine to cry, and i'll be here listening to your concerns if that's what you want, alright?" he reassured with a soft, loving smile.

unshed tears streamed down her cheeks. she shouldn't be crying in front of him, yet she felt completely and unconditionally loved for the first time.

the boy moved closer, hesitating at first, then softly wrapping his arms around her, offering a loving embrace.

he listened to her cries, his other hand holding her head close to his shoulder, indifferent to the tears staining his shirt.

after a few minutes, (name) had calmed down and withdrew from the hug. "i'm such a crybaby. i'm sorry." she apologized, wiping her tears with a small smile on her lips.

"no, you're not," kazuha replied emphatically. "you seemed to have gone through a lot, and it's not bad to lean on someone's shoulder for a time."

"right..." she muttered, continuing with her family's history. "my mother and father were married due to an arranged marriage, but my father loved another woman, qiqi's mother,"

"my grandparents didn't approve of their relationship and continued with my father and mother's arranged marriage. they had my sister, eula, and then came me," she explained briefly, recalling her father's accounts of the arranged marriage.

kazuha continued to listen, humming as an understatement. "somehow, qiqi was born, causing our family plenty of problems,"

"my father filed for a divorce, but my grandparents refused to accept it and instead agreed to let qiqi live on our main estate. they made sure the public was unaware of this problem."

"but of course, me and eula still love qiqi." (name) concluded.

end of chapter: 019🍟 ━━  HAPPY MEAL, @YYANQING11 / 18 / 21  ; 10/ 19 / 23

end of chapter: 019
🍟 ━━  HAPPY MEAL, @YYANQING
11 / 18 / 21 ; 10/ 19 / 23

end of chapter: 019🍟 ━━  HAPPY MEAL, @YYANQING11 / 18 / 21  ; 10/ 19 / 23