(7) Just One Day

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

This was one of the nights where Taehyung fell asleep only after being awake for longer than he could recall. It was the kind of sleep deprivation that is painful.

He would sleep for not very long and then awake as if he was breathing for the first time, as if his body was deprived of oxygen. He assumed that you couldn't die of insomnia and he had ruled out the idea of medications. As it turns out, he can. And he guesses he could have.

The only way out is a complete and realistic assessment of what is stressing him out so very much.

He is living in regret.

His body and brain need to feel safe, to have solved enough of its problems, to sleep. He is in survival mode the same way as if a predator was stalking someome.

What is his predator? Or who? Or it is a combination of factors that add up to this effect?

His love is the predator and the factors that add up to this effect are regret and longing.

He tossed and turned but couldn't bring himself to sleep.

Helpless, he stood up and walked out of his room to his little one's. The boy was sleeping peacefully, seeing him made Taehyung smile. This little boy can always make him smile.

Taehyung pulled the little one's blanket on him securely and kissed his forehead before walking out and going to his room again. He slipped under the blanket once again and closed his eyes.

Sadly, he still couldn't even feel drowsy.

After mere 15 minutes, he sighed clearly annoyed because of the lack of sleep and opened his eyes.

The reason of his lack of sleep, today was the thing that happened in the ice-cream parlor a couple hours ago. He heard Jungkook's voice, the same voice that he fell in love with. He can never forget that celestial voice.

Sure, he was hallucinating after writing to Jungkook, not that Jungkook was ever going to read it but it was still enough for Taehyung to hallucinate.

That's how much he misses him.

"Can I get just one day with you. Just one day" He whispered to himself as a sad sigh escaped his lips.

What would he do in that one day, one would ask?

Taehyung already an answer ready for this.

"If he gets just one day, he wants to peacefully fall asleep for once, intoxicated with his sweet scent. He wants to hear Jungkook's celestial voice, calling out his name, TaeTae hyungie. He wants to appreciate him and his existence even. He wants to hold his hand and in the middle of a beautiful night, with the moon as the only source of light he would finally say it all that he couldn't but it’s all a meaningless dream anyway"

Today was indeed going to be a long night for Taehyung.

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

"Kookie can we fix the dates now?" His mom asked and the aforementioned gulped the bitterness forming.

"Sure mom" He answered, smiling through the pain.

His mom smiled widely and quickly got in a call with someone. Jungkook stood up and went upstairs to his room. He locked his door before getting a key out. He opened a drawer, getting out a box. Tears already forming in his eyes as he sat down on the floor, his back leaning against the edge of the bed. He opened the box before taking in a sharp breath.

It was just some pictures.

Pictures that were enough for him to cry his heart out.

He missed them, a lot and there was no denying that

He gulped the bitterness that had been forming more and more. He chuckled bitterly when a tear dropped on his hands as he was holding the pictures.

No matter how many years passed, he still couldn't stop himself from crying. Seven years, it has been seven years since he lost contact with them but he still cries and he doesn't think it will change, they were a huge part of his life after all.

That's how he misses them, specially him.

But now there was no going back but maybe he could get in touch with them again but he was not ready to face him.

He knew they would all be blaming themselves for all of it but who is gonna tell  them now, maybe he should have talked to them all but at that time it was better not to.

He was the one who broke their promises after all. He was the one who broke the promise of all 8 of them staying together always but he was helpless.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

Buckle up everyone for the next chapters 🙈