(17) Heartfelt Conversation

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"You could have told us" Yoongi said.

"I know but I just couldn't" Jungkook replied with a sad smile.

"Taehyung was confused" Yoongi sighed.

Jungkook pondered this for a moment.

"About?"

"You asked him about Soo when you weren't aware, according to Taehyung of course" Yoongi clarified.

Jungkook's expression twisted in realization.

"Ah! As I said I didn't have the heart to come meet you all after I saw Soo" Jungkook sighed.

"It was hard hyung" Jungkook mumbled in a low voice that changed to a whisper as he continued,

"Very hard"

It was quiet after that, one thing Jungkook was grateful for. It was a nice waft from the rush of events prior and the hustle and bustle just after meeting everyone. Yoongi dragged Jungkook away to have a conversation with him after Jungkook told everyone about his reasons of leaving.

They were sitting at place where they could barely hear any chatter and chaos from the dining area. They both sat on the cold, metal chairs facing away from the others. Him and Yoongi sitting alone for a conversation, nostalgia hit Jungkook hard.

Although both of their minds were a whirl of thoughts, bouncing around their heads. Some past sorrow creeping among the mass of that Jungkook could clearly make out, Yoongi replied with just a low hum and all the things that started creeping in, vanished out of Jungkook.

The only thing that made Jungkook closer to Yoongi than anyone else was the lack of words. They actually didn't need words, they never did and they don't now.

"How is she?" Jungkook asked but before Yoongi could answer he voiced out again,

"No, actually don't tell me" Jungkook avoided Yoongi's gaze and looked at the glass view in front of him.

An awkward silence hung in the air, comfortable yet strange. Yoongi could hear Jungkook shuffling awkwardly beside him but Yoongi pretended he hadn't noticed instead focusing his sights on a long faded scuff mark on the floor.

"I understand if you don't want to talk to me but you have been keeping all of it inside you for years now Kook-ah. You need to let it out" Yoongi said.

Jungkook's fingers curled tightly around his arms, nails digging into his jacket and making imprints in his skin, eyes turning moist as he swallowed down the bitterness that threatened to spill out. He apparently didn't do that good of a job as a low sob choked out of his throat.

"I- I still love him" He whispered.

Jungkook didn't need to have any glance at Yoongi to know the lack in look of surprise on his face. Yoongi knew, of course.

"Kook-ah, I would still say what I said that day. You need to tell him"

Jungkook shook his head, his palms hurt with how hard his nails dug in, the pain helping to somewhat ease his inner pain.

"And I will still say what I said that day hyung. I can't" He said after a couple moments.

His voice soft and gentle and if Yoongi didn't knew better even a little hurt. Yoongi didn't say a word, opting instead to say silent.

Moments passed with just silence, until Jungkook broke it again.

"Is he happy?"

"They aren't together anymore" Yoongi spoke.

"Huh?" Jungkook's eyes snapped at Yoongi as he gave him a soft, gentle smile.

"He broke up with her"

"W-When?"

"Two weeks after you left"

It got a little difficult to swallow past the lump in his throat as a thought truly hits him.

"Soo?"

Yoongi opened his mouth to say something when he was interpreted by Jimin,

"C'mon you both, we need to catch up as well"

"Minnie, you go we will join you in 2 minutes" Yoongi replied and Jimin understood what he meant.

After they were left alone once again, thoughts whirled in Jungkook's mind.

There were times the longing to see Taehyung overwhelmed and Jungkook felt angry. Anger masks sadness, so that makes sense. There is only so much sadness of separation Jungkook could take, right?

Well, that's how Jungkook feels, atleast right now.

One thing, he was sure of?

There was more than it had been played in front of him, all those years back.

Those painful memories that still are books with chapters, deep and horrible and so Jungkook had left them on the shelf to gather dust. He is going tonpick them up again, to gain a perspective that would help him to create his own new good story. He was going to re-see situations through the lens of Taehyung's needs and traumas rather than his own.

After all this is what will take him to today, tomorrow and every tomorrow after to be wonderful. Yoongi chose to write on those blank pages for him.

"Do you understand what love can do to someone? Maybe you understand or maybe you don’t. Everyone experiences love in a variety of different ways. Some people may not agree with me. In the end, it doesn’t matter whether or not your kind of love fits into a certain category. Love is personal and deep within. The most important thing is that it makes people feel good, it makes you feel good" Yoongi said, shutting Jungkook's thoughts.

Before Jungkook could ask the reason to why he said that, Yoongi spoke up again.

Dropping a bomb!

"Soo is Jaeunie's son" Hearing that, Jungkook's world stopped.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

Shocked?? Confused?? I would like for you all to go and read Chapter 2 again 😏