(29) Sweet Seven

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Soo's birthday.

Soo was now a year older, a year taller and a year smarter than he was back then.

He had grown a few more inches, already creeping up to the height of the kitchen counters, meaning they'd have to put safety locks on the top cabinets soon. His hair had grown out, natural black locks fluffed up over his forehead, soft waves curling at the ends and brushing the back of his neck. Taehyung knows Jaeunie would be proud.

Soo's friends, Tiffy and Donghae were expected to arrive soon, burgers were out of the freezer and defrosting on the counter to be eaten for later. It wasn't going to be as chaotic and big as last year, they were going to go to the park, watch a movie, have a sleepover then go home. It was simple and far more peaceful than the party previously.

"What time is it?" Jungkook groaned from under soft quilts. Taehyung could only see the mess of his hair from where it lay sprawled over the pillows.

He was sitting against the headrest, cushions propped up to press against his back as he read a book. 

"It's nearly eleven" He mumbled nonchalantly.

"Shit" The younger hissed, rustling about the duvet to poke his head out.

"Why are you reading? Is Soo awake? The kids are arriving in-"

"Shh" He reached around until he found Jungkook's thigh, eyes still fixed on his book, squeezing it.

"Soo is watching TV. Don't worry, I fed him earlier. I just felt like coming back to bed to spend time with my husband. Is that so bad?"

"Hyung" Jungkook groaned, pushing the blankets off him and bending over the side of the bed to pick up his t-shirt, slipping it on. 

"As flattering as that is, you're reading like some old man bored in a retirement home. Get a life and get up, you great big oaf" He kicked his legs off the side and stood, lifting his arms and arching his back into a stretch.

"I love you too" He scoffed, folding the corner of his book, far too lazy to get an actual bookmark, and running his gaze down the expanse of Jungkook's exposed back. He was all smooth skin, dips in the curve of his spine and broad shoulders.

In other words, Taehyung thought he was the hottest piece of ass a man could set his eyes on.

"You're hot" He mumbled, offering a lazy grin as Jungkook walked around the bed and towards their door.

"Thank you, but you can save that for later. Get up or Soo will make me the favourite" Jungkook blew him a kiss and a sly smirk before walking down the hall towards the stairs.

'Sassy as always' He thought, smiling to himself.

Oh, and what did he just say? Jungkook as the favourite dad? Not on Taehyung's watch.