Chapter 3

I wake up around 6 in the morning and get dressed. I order some waffles to my room for breakfast before leaving to the training centre. When I get there there is only one instructor here. "Riley, your up early. I am the head trainer," she tells me. "Nice to meet you," I smile. I do a quick warm up before starting. I go over to the archery and start the door opens and Finnick walks in and comes over. "I thought this was a no go for you," I tell him. "Until other tributes come," he tells me. 

I take the arrow and shoot. It hits ever so slightly left of the target. I take another arrow but before I realise I feel Finnick's hands on my hips. He moves them slightly and then he places one hand on my elbow and moves it I realise and hit the centre perfectly. "Thanks," I smile. I look over my shoulder and realise how close we were. I think he realised as well because he moves away. I look the other way so he can't see my slightly red cheeks. 

"Um... hit the cut out in the chest," he tells me. I turn and get it dead centre. After a a few more shots I do it with a few knives. I am better with knives then the bow. As a few more people come Finnick has to leave. I go over to the knot area and try to follow along but fail. I give up and move to the plants. I pick it up easily and get 97 out off 100. I go different ways to start a fire. One way smokes more than the rest.

At lunch I sit at the back. There is one other person at the table. It is the boy from 12 he looks about 13 or 14. I give him a small smile as he sits down. I notice Evan with the careers. The mentors come in but 1 and 2 sit away from there's. Haymitch from 12 walks over with Finnick. "Riley James, the capitals princess," Haymitch says as they both sit across from me. "That is what they are calling you," Finnick tells me. "No shit," I mutter as I eat a small bit of the salad. 

"I like her," Haymitch says to Finnick I smile at the older man. "So blue eyes how did you know the kid," Haymitch asks me. I give him a look to say what kid. "Anna, Hannah something like that." I smile lightly. "Hannah, I did not know her but she was 12. Her being killed would kill her mother," I tell him. "How do you know that," he asks me. "It doesn't matter," I mutter. "Is that all you are eating," Finnick asks me. "It is more then I would usually eat," I tell him. "What do you be doing that you don't eat," Haymitch asks me. "Um... swimming in the forest reading and stuff like that," I tell him. 

"What about school," he asks me. "Have not go since 2 years ago. I don't see the point of going when I know most the stuff," I tell him as I finish eating. I bring my stuff over and walk into the training room. I go over to the snare section and learn a bunch of snares before going to my floor. I see Pixie and Nico. "Your back early," Pixie says. "We only have to stay till 12 so I thought I should rest," I tell them. "You were not at breakfast," Nico says. "I left at half six," I tell him as I drink a bottle of water. "It is half 2 so you have been training for 8 hours," he says. "Most were skill stuff I stopped using weapons around half 9 now if you excuse me I should shower," I tell him.

This order has stayed the 2 weeks of training. 6am breakfast 6:30 head to train with Finnick. 9 Finnick leaves. 12pm lunch then some days I might not finish till 6:30pm. Some days I would not even eat with the others. Sometimes during the day I would practice with knives but make sure I never got the target. This was my schedule for just under 2 weeks.

(15/07/2021)

717