Chapter 5

Finnick and I spent the night in my room. Hours spent staring at the ceiling. Finnick played with my hair as I knot a piece of rope over and over again. "Riley up and shower we are out in an hour," I here Nico she while banging on the door. "Alright," I reply. I kiss Finnick before getting a shower. I come out in just a towel and start getting dressed. "You know you have to change later right," Finnick says causing me to jump. "Bloody hell Fin I thought you were gone," I say. I finish getting ready and we walk out. 

I see a teary eyed Pixie as I walk into the main room. She comes over and hugs me. I hug back and smile lightly. "Do you want food," she asks. "I might have a bread roll," I smile. She runs off and comes back with a basket of bread. I take one and she leaves it on the table. I manage to finish it as Nico comes in. "Sweetie we have to go," he tells me. I nod and turn to Pixie. "Thank you for someone that has never done this before you are very good at it," I tell her. "Thank you, try to come home to us sweetheart," she tells me. 

I nod lightly and turn to Finnick. "He hugs me and kisses my head. "Come home to me," he whispers. "I promise I will try but make sure that Hannah and her mum are ok. The money form when my parents died is in the same spot since dad. I told Lizzy but I want to make sure," I tell him. "He kisses me to shut me up. "Go before you are late," he whispers. I nod and walk out with Nico. On the aircraft I am across 1 and next to 2.

"Arm," a peace keeper tells me. I put out my left and they place the tracer in. About 50 minutes later we land. Nico and I are rushed into a room. I change and Nico does my hair in two French braid. He uses gel so it will stay in place for a few days. "The outfit is light but not light enough to be a dessert. Find water. you can last longer without food. If you have to join the careers. They want you. kill them in their sleep if you have too," he says. I could barely hear the last bit. 

He puts on my necklace and I look at the mocking jay. I give him the hug. "If I die which I do not plan on doing tell Finnick I love him. If he gets all sad and depressed tell him I am with my dad," I ask. He nods and kisses my head. We have ten seconds so I stand in the tub. When it rises I realise I am beside the girl from one. She looks at me and I give her a small nod. She nods back so I know she knows I am with them. 

I look around and see it is like an abandoned town. There were a lot of places to hide. The count down goes and as soon as it is over I run as fast as I can. I see a back and grab it. I get to the cornucopia and grab the vest of knives. I put it on as there is no one only the girl from one. "Names Riley," I tell here. "Becks," she smiles. I see the guy from 9 behind her. "Duck," I tell her. She jumps down and I throw a knife in the guys throat. "Thanks she smiles. I nod and grab the bow and arrow. 

"Can we trust the guy from your district," she asks me. "I don't know he seems secretive," I tell her. I see the other half of one and the two from 2 come over. The guy from 1 pulls out a knife. "John she is with us," Becks tells him. He puts it away and I see the girl from seven trying to sneak over. I pull and arrow out and draw back. I let the arrow fly hitting her in the side of the neck. "Your good," The boy from 2 tells me. "Thanks grab what you need and I will check around the other side. We will look for water and then find the others," I tell him. Surprisingly no one protests. 

I go back and see three bodies. I hear notice a girl from 8 I think behind a building. As she was facing the other way she did not see me throw a knife hitting her in the back she falls to the ground. "Shit I knew you were good but..." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn and see Evan with a spear. I notice the girl from two with an axe pointed at Evan. "Fight with or without weapons," I ask. "Make it interesting," he smirks while throwing down his spear. I rolls away and I smirk. I grab a knife and throw it as hard as I can. It sticks into his head and he falls to the ground dead. 

"How many kills is that," the boy from 2 asks me. "4 and the name is Riley," I tell him. "I'm Kevin. Kat is the one with the axe," he tells me. "We should clear out let them collect the bodies. Riley her is your bag," Becks tells me. I give her a small smile and collect a few knifes as we walk. We go into the house in the third row. 7 canons go off. "There is 17 left," I tell them. "Lets search the house and see if there is anyone," John says. I will check the top floor," I offer. "Becks and I will take the basement," Kevin says. Everyone agrees to the plan. "Riley bring this it will be easier if they jump you," Kat tells me while sliding me a sword. "Thank you," I smile.

 I go up stairs and see there are 4 rooms. The first is empty the second and third are bedrooms and the last is a bathroom. I turn the tap on and realise there is water. As I check the rooms again I see a trap door in the ceiling. I hear the ringing of a parachute. I notice it on the window so I open it. 'Just yours to drink~ Fin' I realise they are to purify the water. I take one out and put it in my pocket. I leave the parachute in the very bottom of my bag so no one knows. I go down and see the others drinking the water. 

Were have you been," Kevin asks. "Going to the bathroom while I can," I tell him. I notice his cheeks redden as the others laugh. "The water tastes alright," Kat tells me. "You sure," I ask. They all nod so I take out the water bottle and fill it. When no one is watching but in the tablet. I screw the lid back on and put it in my bag as the tablets usually take half an hour. I look around and see no food. I go to the window and notice one building is a lot bigger then the rest. "Bingo," I say causing everyone to look at me. "Bingo," Becks asks. I point to the building 30 minutes away.

"Well then lets go," John says. We pack everything up. I go to give Kat the sword but she told me to keep it so I leave it with my arrows. We start walking the empty streets when I hear scratching. I stop causing the others to do the same. I turn slowly and see 3 giant rats they look like robots. "Run," I whisper. We all run as fast as we can with the rats following. I underestimated the distance to the building. I hear a scream and they caught Kevin. I realise we are about two hundred meters away. "Keep going," John shouts. I run in front and open the door. There was a cannon. The other three careers run in and I lock the door. 

We all sit down as another cannon goes off. "15 left and we are only a few hours in," I mutter. We sit in silence and I look around. There is a large food store in front of us. "I am going to look around," John tells us. "Lets all get stuff and meet here in half an hour," Becks suggest. "Lock any door you can we don't need company," I tell her. We all go to look around. I head to the top floor and see another set of stairs up. I go up and realise it brings me to the roof. I sit looking out and notice 2 people opening a door and coming in. I grab the bow and run down to where it is. "How do we know the careers are not here," one asks. "There are giant rats outside," One whispers. "That was 20 minutes ago," the other tells him. 

I watch from the stairs and draw and arrow back. I let it go and it hits the guy in the chest. Quickly I move back as there ally screams. It suddenly stops so I look down to see her with an axe in the head. "How did you know where they were," Kat shouts up. "I was up on the 3rd floor and looked out a window. Saw them coming in one of the doors," I tell her as I go down. Two cannons go off. "I can just hear Caesar 'just 13 left after day one," I say. She laughs slightly as another cannon goes of further away. The others come back with piles of food. "Lets go down stairs," John suggests. We all agree and go down. It is starting to get late so we sleep. 

Becks is on first watch. While the rest of us sleep.

(18/07/2021)

1681