Chapter 10

I get up early and see Finnick is fast a sleep. I change into leggings and a top. My hair is in a messy bun as I walk into the kitchen. I finish the second pan of bacon as Finnick walks out and wraps his arms around my waist.  "Morning, love," he mutters into my neck. "Fin, I am cooking," I tell him. "I want to help," he tells me. "Good, finish this and I will bring Haymitch his bacon," I tell him. "That is not what I meant," he tells me as I wait for the elevator. 

"I know," I smirk as I get in the elevator to Haymitch floor. When I get out I realise they are all up. "What did you make," Haymitch asks as he sees the covered container. "Nothing special," I tell him while leaning on the counter. "Bacon, lots of bacon," he smiles. "And last time I have seen you this sober 7 years ago," I tell him. Effie laughs lightly. "Where is golden boy," Haymitch asks me. "Golden boy," Peeta asks. "Male victor from 4," Cinna tells him. 

"Making sure the rest of the bacon does not burn," I tell him. "The peacock can cook," Haymitch practically shouts. "I have know him since I was born so yes he can make bacon," I tell him. I notice an avox bringing there food. "I should go. Good luck to you both," I tell Peeta and Katniss before leaving. I go up and see everyone is up. We start eating an making small talk. 

"Haymitch was 90% sober," I tell them. Finnick, Mags, Nico and Pixie look at me like I have 3 heads. "last time was 3 hours into your games," Nico tells me. "Why if Haymitch was not her mentor," the girl asks. "Well, um... Haymitch and I were talking and as Riley came over they started talking after Haymitch calls her princess she stormed off. When she apologised they got talking and now they are really close," Finnick tells them. 

"What if we don't get sponsors," the boy asks. Everyone looks at me. "Finnick and I are well know with everyone in the capital. So when you are in the games everything out of the arena is plain sailing," I tell him. Half an hour later they leave. I walk out and down to the training centre and us some of the equipment. 

"Ms. James nice surprise." I turn and see the president with a few other. "President Snow, nice to see you," I tell him. I notice the note book in his hand. "I am afraid I have to ask you to leave. I am showing the building team around," he tells me "Of course sir. It was nice to see you," I tell him before leaving. I head into a room with the other victors. 

"Riley you watched the private session who is good," Cashmere asks me. "Both from two and girl from 12," I tell her. "What did she do," Gloss asks me. "Gloss you and I both know I can't tell you," I tell him. Before walking over to Finnick. I sit down and rest my head on his shoulder. I se Haymitch still eating bacon. "That is some good bacon. Who made it," I hear Chaff asks. "Riley made it this morning," Haymitch tells him. I see Johanna walk in and she sits next to me. 

"You alright Jo," I ask. "You know the two of yous aren't the only lovers," she tells me. I sit up and look at her. "Guy from 12 confessed his love for Everdeen," she tells me. "The only night I was working," I tell her. "They are coming up," Finnick tells us. I rest my head back on Finnick and watch them rise. As the games start most run to the cornucopia. Katniss barely gets away alive. I see the boy from 4 get killed and the girl dead a few meters away from him. 

"Want to go to lunch," Finnick asks me. "Sure." We both walk out and into one of the cafes on the ground floor. We just get coffee and a pastry to eat. We eat in a comfortable silence. "My period is late," I blurt out. Finnick stops eating and looks at me. "What do you mean it is late," he asks me. "I mean it has been over 3 months since my last period," I tell him. "So you're," he asks me. I don't know I have a test in my room but I have not took it," I tell him. 

"How about you do it later," he asks. I nod lightly and continue to eat. After lunch we get told to go to the meeting room. We go and see Snow. He smiles at us as we sit down. "I have decided to give you both a year off," he tell us. I stop for a second thinking it is a joke. "What do you mean," I ask. "Neither of you will be needed in the capital until this time next year," he tells us. "Thank you sir but why," I ask. "You have both made an overly large amount of money for me this year and a break will make me more money when you start again," he tells us. "Thank you," Finnick say. 

We both leave and head back to our floor. I go straight to the bathroom and take the test I walk out to see the games on. I leave it on the coffee table and sit next to Finnick. I hold his hand and play with his fingers as we wait. The timer I set goes of and I stand to get it. I hand it to Finnick to look first. He pulls me into a hug and spins me around. "We're having a baby," he tells me. I hug him tighter and wrap my legs around his waist. I realise I am crying when Finnick puts me down and wipes them away. 

"We are having a baby," I smile. "Who is having a baby?" I turn and see Haymitch and Johanna. "We are," Finnick smiles. Johanna comes over and hugs me. "I am going to be an aunt," she says. I laugh at her. I go over to Haymitch and he hugs me. "Congrats kiddo," he tells me. "Thanks," I smile. 

Johanna comes over and hugs me. "I swear you  are more excited then the rest of us," I laugh. We end up talking for about 3 hours before going to dinner. "To Finnick and Riley," Haymitch says. We all connect glasses. I have water while the others have wine. Finnick and I go back up to the room and fall fast asleep

(23/07/2021)

1124