Chapter 6

I wake up to whispering. "Kill them when there are 6 of us left," I hear Becks say. "Yeah no sooner. We need 4," John tells her. I hear a yawn coming from Kat causing them to stop. A few seconds later I sit up and act like I am only up. "We should clear out and get this over with," I tell them. We eat before heading out. I file a spare bottle and put the tablet in without the others noticing. 

We all make our way back to the cornucopia to see if there is anyone. We walk in silence when I see someone. I get Kats attention and point. I grab the bow and draw back. "Really the bow can you do anything else," John asks. I run up to the girl and realise she is about 18 years old. "Around the corner before they see us," I whisper to her. I notice she is un armed so she listens. I take this as my chance to punch her. She smirks and goes to punch me in the face but I duck and swipe her legs from under her.

I pin her to the ground and take out a knife and press it to her throat. I realise the others are watching from a good bit back. "I might not have parents but I made a promise to a lot more people," I whisper. "I never expected to make it in the top 15. I watched you train in the mornings with your mentor. He likes you so win for him," she whispers before grabbing my hand with the knife and pressing it throat. A cannon goes of and I walk over to the others. 

"Did she cry," Becks asks. I laugh and nod. Out of the five I have killed she was the hardest. I don't even know her district just that her name is Anna. As we walk it get hotter. I take my zip up of and cover my head with it. The others all follow. A few hours later we get there. I notice the others are tired. "Why don't we stop and rest we can finish of in the morning," Kat says. We all agree and go into the house closes to the cornucopia. Kat takes the first watch as it starts to get dark. I fall asleep for a few hours after the anthem. 

I wake up to Kat lightly shaking me. I sit up and mess with a knife as they sleep. An hour in they are all asleep. I decide now would be the best time to kill them. I slit Johns throat I throw stab the same knife in Becks chest just as the cannon goes of waking Kat. She pulls her sword out and I copy. She is still slightly sleep as she lunges at me. I bloke it. "Your a bitch," she tells me. "We all knew this would happen," I tell her. "but so soon," she asks me. "15 are dead only nine of us left," I tell her. before kicking my leg up hitting both out swords out of our hands. I cuck as she goes to punch me and take out a knife. I lung at her stabbing her in the stomach.

It is just under her ribs at an angle so I either hit the diaphragm or lung. A second later she brings me to the floor. I hold her back as best as I can. Her struggling slow so I shove her of. I notice she picks up the sword but before I could move out of the way it his my left arm. She drops it and a cannon sounds.  I stand looking at her body for a few seconds. "I am so sorry," I say. After a few seconds I snap out of it as I feel blood going down my arm. I realise I am bleeding. I go through every ones bag and and see nothing to help so I rip the jumper in one of the bags and tie it on my arm.

I take everything I need before leaving. I spend the day walking around waiting. "Attention all tributes tomorrow at dawn the feast will take place. All tributes most be within 800 meters of the cornucopia by the time the feast takes place," Seneca Crane's voice says. I am surprised about how early it is this year. But there are only 8 of us left so it makes sense I guess. I go into a house near the cornucopia and head to the room that over looks the cornucopia. I shove the bed to the door so I can rest easily. 

I manage to fall a sleep easily as I know I am safe. I am awoken a few hours later by screaming. I look out the window and see a boy with a sword. There is another person on the ground in front of him as the cannon sounds. About an hour later it starts to get brighter. I move the bed so I can get out when I need too. I grab my bow and and arrow and stand near the window. I look around and see an orange glow about 1km away. 

I realise the buildings in the back are on fire. I look back down and see the bags with the things we need. I notice someone coming so I shoot an arrow hitting them in the chest. I decide to go down stairs to the door to make it easier. The cannon sounds as I get to the stairs I hear someone so I take out a knife. I walk silently around till I see someone. I throw a knife into the side of there neck. 

2 cannons go of as I go outside. I look at the bags and see they are all there. Another cannon goes of further away. I make my way to the bags and grab the one for 12 before going inside the cornucopia. I get my bow ready and listen to the cannon. I lost count of how many is left as I shoot a girl as she grabs the bag. I notice it is really quiet.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the 67th Hunger Games. Riley James district 4." I freeze and realise I am going home. A plane comes and I get one. The doctors draw blood and clean my cut from Kat.

(19/07/2021)

1088