Chapter 14

I finish feeding Maya as Nico walks in. He starts cooing to Maya before looking at me. "I have your outfit in the other room. So I will watch Maya while you go and shower. Finnick said he had to go out to get something and he will be back as soon as he can," he tell me. I do as I am told and go for a shower when I come back out Maya is sleeping. 

I see everything that might be needed out on a table. I let Nico start on my make up and hair. Finnick walks in when we are nearly done. "I'm back," he tells us. Nico looks him up and down. "Shower get dressed now," Nico tells him. Finnick looks at me and I smirk. He kisses my head before heading to get ready. "You ready to see the dress," he asks me. I nod and he brings it in. It is a red floor length with a slit in the bottom part. The top is a low V neck line. For shoes I wear red strappy heals. 

Finnick walks out in a suit. Nico hands me a red lipstick that I put on. I look over at Finnick to see Nico fixing his hair. "Stand at the wall for a picture," Nico tells us. Finnick puts an arm around me and pulls me close. We look at each other. I head a cough and realise Nico is standing right there. "Go before you are late," he tells us. 

"Aright there are bottles in the fridge for Maya. If she does not sleep slowly rock her and hum. If..."He cuts me off before I could continue. "Go I can handle a we behaved baby," he tells me. Finnick has to drag me out of the building. We get into the car and I rest my head on Finnick's shoulder. "As soon as Snow's speech is over we will get out of there," he tells me. "Promise," I ask. "I promise we will leave after the fireworks," he tells me. I laugh slightly as we pull up. 

Finnick gets out first and ways for me. When I get out he buts his arm around me keeping me close. We ignore the press as we go in. Pixie is waiting at the door for us. "You are late. 12 is coming in a minute," she tells us. "We got held up," Finnick tells her. We walk inside and Finnick grabs two glasses of Champaign and hands on to me. "Thanks."

I drink a small bit as we head outside. I notice Johanna coming towards up. "You are late," she tells us as she downs Finnick's drink. "I was drinking that," he tells her. "Let me guess you did not want to leave my god child," she asks me. "What I have not been away from her for more then half an hour. The only other people that have looked after her are Hannah and Finnick," I tell her.

"You need your game face on scare the star crossed lovers," she tells me. "Not going to work they seen me on the edge of a breakdown when they were in four," I tell her. "What happened," Finnick asks me. "Lets go over there were there are less people," I tell them. We walk over and they both turn to me. "On there tour whenever she spoke someone got killed. Including in 4. They did not understand why a career district would want to rebel. Hannah was there because she came with me. She said most people have not supported the capital..." Finnick cuts me of. "Since what happened during the 61st games," he says realising what was going on. 

"What happened," she asks. "My sister got reaped died then I found my mother hanging herself him my sisters room," I tell her with zero emotion. "Shit," she says. "Yep, but we should walk around us just standing here is not really us," I tell her. She links her arm with mine and we walk around. Finnick walks over a half an our later and smiles. "May I have this dance," he asks me. "If you insist," I tells him. He grabs my arm and drags me away from Johanna. 

We dance for about ten minutes when Plutarch Heavansbee comes over and asks to dance. I dance with him and realise he is up to something. "Who's side are you on," he asks me. "There is only one option that wont get my daughter killed," I tell him. "But if a rebellion took place," he asks me. "People seem to be forgetting I have been wearing the mockingjay longer then Everdeen. The people of 4 dropped the career act after the 61st games," I tell him. 

"Why did you go with them then Ms James," he asks. "I have been fooling everyone in the capital including Snow since I was 15," I tell him. The song ends and we stop talking. "You should talk to the girl on fire," I tell him before leaving. I go to find Finnick but see Haymitch. I go over and he smiles. "Hey princess surprised to see you here," he tells me. "Don't have much of a choice but Nico is with Maya and I trust Nico," I tell him. 

"She is fine but since when do you wear dresses," he asks me. "I don't but it is pretty," I tell him. "Haymitch." I turn and see Peeta. "Peeta," I say with a small smile. "Riley." "Where is Katniss," Haymitch asks. "Over there with that guy," he tells him. "Plutarch Heavensbee, he is head game maker," I tell him. "Riley James where have you been," I hear Johanna say. "Jo what is wrong," I ask her. "The fire works are starting soon so let's go," she tells me. 

"I should go," I tell them before leaving. "You are my best friend," she tells me. "And you mine," I tell her. We see Finnick just as Snow is about to make a speech. "Tonight, on this the last day of their tour, I want to welcome our two victors. Two young people who embody our ideals of strength and valor. And I personally want to congratulate them on the announcement of their engagement.

Your love has inspired us. And I know it will go on inspiring us, everyday, for as long as you may live," Snow says. I follow his eyeline and see that he is looking at Katniss. The fire works go of and I realise  Katniss is still looking at Snow. I see Snow shake his head slightly and I know something is not right. 

"You alright," Finnick whispers in my ear. "I miss Maya," I mutter. "Let's go," he tells me. We sneak away from the crowd and to a car that is waiting for us. We make our way inside and see Nico sketching. He sees us and starts packing away. 

"I gave her a bottle half an hour ago and then she went to sleep," he tells us. "Thanks Nico," I tell him. I give him a hug before he leaves. I change into one off Finnick's tops and head to bed. Finnick joins in a few minutes and we go to sleep. 

(29/07/2021)

1216

Have not been able to publish as much as school is starting back up soon