Chapter 37.

I don't need much sleep, only a few hours before sunrise at most. I think I have adapted to the human timezone pretty well. The next morning, Joy knocked on the door of our suite. It was like a huge hammer banged on my skull the first time I heard it.

"Whoa... Joy, I thought a bulldozer just crushed through the hall," I said.

"She wanted to make sure that you're still breathing," Jennie's voice said from the inside. Joy glared at her before she turned to me.

"Come down for breakfast," Joy said, "Jisoo is waiting."

Then we went to the Lunch Hall and saw Jisoo there. She waved at us enthusiastically. Jennie also came along. She was about to go off to her usual table, but Joy blocked her.

"Uh uh... where do you think you're going, mademoiselle? From now on, you're sitting with us," Joy said. "I don't want you to victimize any of the Ultara students ever again."

Jennie just rolled her eyes, but she didn't protest. She walked back around and took a seat next to Jisoo, who slightly blushed at the mere closeness of her. I wasn't sure what would happen if my best friend found out that she was no longer a virgin.

Mom had packed my milk for me. I didn't need to worry about my growling stomach.

After a while, Jisoo started asking Jennie a million questions. I didn't know if Jennie could absorb energy through that or not, but Jisoo looked even more energetic than usual. I knew the two of them would get along without me being a pathetic peacemaker.

"Is it true that you can see an aura?" Jisoo said in awe. "Do you see all rainbows all the time?"

"No, it's not like that," Jennie said. "Everyone has their dominant aura, which reflects their personality. If I want to make out someone's aura, I have to focus for a few minutes, and it will appear in a mist-like form."

"How awesome!" Jisoo gasped. "And what else can you do?"

"Well, something like this," Jennie picked up a silver spoon and held it up in front of her. She looked at it for a minute and then the spoon started to bend backward like it was made of wax. I tried not to drop my jaw at that. Even Joy's eyes went wide.

"Oh. My. God. That is ah-may-zing!" Jisoo cried out. "Can you teach me that psychokinetic stuff, too?"

"Why not?" Jennie said. "Everyone can learn kinesis abilities. It's in our nature."

Joy and I exchanged a look. Obviously, we both didn't want our school to be the next Hogwarts.

"Do you have any baby-steps that I can start with?" Jisoo continued excitedly. Jennie seemed to think for a while before she pulled out a coin from her skirt pocket. She put the coin on the table and then spun it.

"Try to keep the coin spinning with your mind," Jennie instructed and held a glass of orange juice to her lips casually. And for a very long moment, the rest of us were still waiting for the coin to stop spinning itself, but it never did. The silver metal kept going on and on until Joy slammed her palm down on it.

"Show-off," she muttered to Jennie sternly.

"So," Jisoo decided to change the subject, (that didn't help brighten anything because she just chose to talk about the only thing we had tried to avoid) "If your plan to be a vegetarian doesn't work, what do we do?" she asked, looking eager and innocent.

Jennie's eyes darted out to me. I haven't thought of that either.

"We'll find another way out," this time, Joy answered before I could. I almost dropped my milk carton all over myself, because Joy had never said anything about helping Jennie out, but now she was starting to count herself in. I tried to rack my brain thinking of what to say in support.