1

Aether POV

*bleep* *bleep*

I groaned as I sat up and checked my surroundings, me and Paimon had set up a camp after all we were always on the move and could never really stay in the same place.

My legs were jelly as I got up to walk around first thing in the morning, to stretch my aching muscles. I couldn't bring myself to leave Liuye it just connected to me, more than Mondstat of course. The people here were also...

Never mind that.

"Paimon, wake up"

"AHH traveler you're awake" Paimon floated around buzzing with extreme amounts of energy.

How could such a small thing have so much energy in the morning? I sighed.

Suddenly, memories flashed through my eyes as I remembered what happened the night before. A fight. Xiao. Black.

Then it clicked.

I has almost forgotten, Xiao had asked me to fight him after I asked what his hobbies were. He was definitely upset with me. I made mental note to avoid Wangshu Inn as I didn't want to die today.

I wonder, what was wrong with what I said? It was uncalled for but he had never seen him that angry. I had literally passed out because Xiao had pushed me too hard.

"I wonder how I got back..." - A

"Oh you mean yesterday. We're definitely not going back to see him Traveller! I WAS SO WORRIED!" - P

"Woah calm down! I'm OK don't worry... I won't go back not yet at least..." - A

"Why would you even bother with him he went too far! " - P

"It was out of character, he's lived for so long if he was that mad then what I said defenitely hurt him. I have to apologize." - A

"fine then, but I'm not coming! He scares me.." - P

I laughed and we started our journey to The City as I had plans with the Infamous Zhongli.

After a while we arrived at the Funeral Parlor. As I approached Zhongli's office, I stopped as I heard muffled sounds. Alarmed, I pulled Paimon away from the office she was too young to be spoiled like that.

"eh!? Where are we going!? And why is your face red!?" - P

I said nothing as I continued to pull her away making my way to Xianglings restaurant I desperately needed food.

After all that panic I really had time to think for my self. How long would I have to go avoiding Xiao? I loved going to see him everyday, even if he made it clear he didn't want me there. He was a lonely guy.

I knew he enjoyed my presence silently at the very much I was just to iressitable to push away. And Xiao would chase after me, after all I knew that the Yashka was always watching me. Waiting for me  to call out his name.

"I guess he's pretty fond of me" I mumble.

"Paimon lets go back and see if Zhongli's done" - A

"Finally! Why did we leave in the first place?" - P

"no matter lets go" - A

We cautiously made our way back to his office. Phew Zhongli was done.

As soon as I heard Childe's voice in there earlier, I knew to turn away straight away. What a kinky couple. I craved such physical touch but who would give it to me?

I sighed. What point would it be to fret over such unnecessary things. I was fine as I was then, I already had to deal with finding Lumine, I could not handle such things as love. Yet I kept thinking about my fight with Xiao. He was so angry at me. What was wrong with what I said? I understood that he had secrets but he had really scared me at the time.

"how long do you think your body can last against my blows" heat rushed to my cheeks. Bad. Bad Aether. You're blushing over something he said whilst trying to impale you!? Still...

It was pretty sexy.

Me and Paimon arrived in front of Zhonglis office yet again. It was a lot quiter than before. I knocked on the door and a deep voice allowed me to step into the office.

"ah Aether what brings you here?" - Z

"oh yes I came to ask you about the commission you had for me, the one about the ruin guards?" - A

Zhonglis face morphed into seriousness. It seemed that this mission would be quite dangerous.

"yes...although this mission will be quite dangerous, you should ask the Viligant-" - Z

"NO!" - A

Zhongli seemed quite taken aback with this strange outburst, his eyebrows raised and amber eyes wide open.

"I- I mean no there's no need to bother him...he already had to deal with other monsters...i can handle this alone" - A

"Alright then, head to Qingce village on the way there you will find your destination, and if you need help make sure to call for him, no matter what."-Z

"Alright, thank you mister Zhongli" - A

"AHH finally your done Paimon was getting tired of waiting" - P

I had even forgotten Paimon was there, I rolled my eyes and bid Zhongli farewell. Paimon as cheerful as ever. Then I stopped.

Where was Childe?

I had not seen him leave when coming in, he should of at least walked past the entrance. Then I snapped, wait the desk-

Don't tell me he-

"WHAT A SHAMELESS COUPLE!" - A

They really dared to commit such sinful acts in my holy presence!?

"Huh why are you shouting Aether you almost made my soul jump out my body!" - P

"nevermind that, let's just keep going its gonna take a while to reach our destination" - A

And I and Paimon ventured across the lands of Teyvat unbeknownst to the danger Zhongli had warned us of.

*Paimon and Aether rarely used the teleports, as they had to be careful not to reveal such uses of the statue to the normal public*

I wonder how Xiao is doing? I thought. He probably doesn't miss me...even after I visted him everyday, there seemed to be no chance of me breaking into his heart. Oh no.

Why did my brain always insist of bringing him up. What was wrong with me!?

I was madly in love with him. I didn't know what to do. I rarely had time to be in love as me and my sister spent so much time jumping from world to world. I couldn't face him anymore. Thoughts rushed into my head, my breathing becoming labored.

That was it!

I was to not go back to Wangshu Inn again! the embarrassment was overtaking my soul...

Remember to vote if you can! Shows me how many people enjoy what I write😅