22

AN: EEKKKK CHRISTMAS TOMORROW!!! I can't wait!! Let me know what you want or what you got!😁

Xiao POV

We prepared to leave for Inazuma, there were obviously a lot of complications but he assured me to carry on protecting Liyue. I trusted him to handle such things like this of course.

I hadn't seen him the past few days, he was probably discussing our transport to Inazuma. I didn't know if I could teleport there - I had never tried. There were risks that I weren't willing to take. For example, the strength of the Raiden Shogun, she could somehow enforce barriers to even prevent adeptus from entering.

Well there was no need to think such things this time around...
As I finished taking out a few measly hilichurls, my senses sharpened as I heard the soft call of my name. So peaceful, so quiet. As if my name had slipped out by accident.

When I teleported the source, I was not surprised to see Aether slouched over some sort of desk fast asleep. A door opened behind me and Paimon floated in, surprised to see me suddenly here.

Ah. He had probably sleep- talked. Did that mean he was dreaming about me--?

"Oh Xiao! He fell asleep Paimon was just about to call you, even if you weren't to answer me! There's no way Paimon could carry him all by herself." - P

"I see.." - X

Hm. I would have to take both of them with me back to Wangshu Inn then.

I walked around the desk and placed my arms on his back and underneath his legs, hoisting him up in my arms.

"Hold onto me, I will take you both to Wangshu Inn." - X

AN: Teapot hasn't been given to Traveler in this AU so-

"Alright, thank you Xiao. And thanks again for always protecting us!" - P

"Mn" - X

There was nothing more I wanted to say as my hair was grabbed. I teleported and in an instant we were back at Wangshu Inn.

I watched as Paimon floated around seemingly worried about Aether.

"Dont look so worried" - X

Paimon sighed rubbing her head, it seemed she was distressed.

"It's just...he's been so busy and has barely been resting. I can't remember the last tim he got a proper sleep...it's worrying. I know that he is strong and he doesn't need me to worry for him but I just-" - P

I placed my hand on Paimon's head, rubbing slightly. Poor creature, I knew I the had to take care of her, for his sake.

"It's alright, he'll be fine. I will take care of him, I promise you." - X

Paimon huffed a bit and stuck out her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise??" - P

I joined Paimon's small pinky with mine, I would honour this promise with my life.

Aether stirred in my arms, luckily he didn't wake up.

I walked to my room, which Verr always kept vacant in case I and Aether needed a place to stay for a night. She was too kind to me, honestly.

I placed him down on the bed, Paimon right behind me.

Ah .

I forgot she needed to sleep, I got a few pillows and made a fort around on the sofa next to the bed. So she could be comfortable. She went and laid down, muttering a goodnight before she dozed off.

I stared for a moment before I returned my gaze to him in the bed. He looked so peaceful like this, breathing steadily and slowly. However I could see the stress even in his closed eyes, eye bags not to visible yet clear on his pale skin.

How could I help him more? I wish he didn't keep things from me..he didn't have to tell me how he always felt but-

Keeping me in the dark whilst he was struggling.

I didn't like that.

At all.