19/40k Special

By the time I post this we will alredy be on 40k reads.🚶‍♀️I dont even know what's so good about this book but here you guys are reading the book. What do I even say? I feel like I said everything i wanted to on the 30k reads. Idk. I'm very grateful always when I see comments and votes and people generally enjoying my book.

I wanted to post this early so here is an early chapter guys!! I love you !<3

Aether PoV

It was the next day and as promised me and Paimon had made our way to the Inn at 12:00 o'clock sharp. Obviously I was still annoyed at Xiao so I decided today that I was going to be a brat and especially infuriating so he could see how I felt.

As we reached the top we saw him standing there with his arms crossed waiting for me as I thought.

"Your just on time, are you ready to go?" - X

"Yeah we are. But how are you gonna take the both of us?" - P

"Hm. You'll just have to hold on then." - X

He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in to his chest as Paimon hovered above his head latching onto his hair.

"H-hey Xiao! what do you-" - A

"Hush, I've seen your behaviour lately Traveler. Your getting disobedient,dont make me angry." - X

I didnt look at his face even once and huffed and puffed even after he had finally teleported and we were standing in the cold region of Dragonspine.

I peeled myself off his body as I started walking to Albedo's camp, making sure to stay ahead of the 2 behind me.

"I wonder what Albedo has been up to? Hopefully he hasn't accidentally killed someone with his potions yet" - P

"This - Albedo - exactly who is he and what is his relation to Aether?" - X

"Ooh we're almost there you'll find out soon." - P

"Look, Travelers almost there, why is he walking so fast though? he must be really excited let's hurry! Oo Paimons getting cold." - P

I reached the camp and the first face I saw was Albedo as he stopped what he was doing and walked up to me, ready to greet me. He was alone of course, after all who would personally choose to visit Dragonspine?

At that moment Xiao teleported behind me with a shivering Paimon in his hands.

"YES WARMTH" - P

She was sighing as the warmth of the cave covered her, she was no longer shivering.

Xiao dusted off his clothing as he took his time to look around the room he was now in. I noticed that he now had his mask on, making him look incredibly out of place.

Albedo also curiously looked behind me to see who the stranger I had brought along with me was.

"Ah this- Albedo this is Xiao, Xiao this is Albedo. I came to visit you after all it had been a while yet he insisted on coming. Sorry about that." - A

"Its nice to meet you Xiao, its strange for Traveler to bring new guests. You must be special." - Alb

He stook out his hand expecting a handshake.

Xiao didn't respond and sighed before his mask disintegrated exposing his handsome face that had a slight frown on it.

He reached to accept the handshake after all Xiao was stubborn but I knew he wasnt rude.

"Likewise, I was curious about this Sir Albedo so I came along. I hope I'm not intruding" - X

There was suddenly a thick tension in the air, even Paimon noticed it as she shifted awkwardly not knowing what to say. I was stuck as well, I felt like I was being shoved in the middle of all of it.

"Of course not. I have a few questions for you. Just exactly who are you?" - Alb

It was getting awkward so I decided to answer him myself.

"He is the Conqueror of Demons, Xiao the Anemo Adeptus." - A

Albedo's eyes widened slightly before he smirked. Oh no.

I had seen that look before, he was definitely up to no good.

"Albedo just what are you planning already?" - A

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Well I think you might be able to help me with something. Before you ask, yes it's another potion, I want to see how this kind will react to your body. Maybe your friend here might be curious as well." - Alb

"Paimon made a vow to never trust you-" - P

"I'll do it." - A

I had to do it. After all, I was going to be mean to my love just for today.

"Traveler! Ugh. Your so reckless!" - P

I glanced at Xiao curious to see his reaction and I watched as his fist clenched, and his jaw tightened obviously wanting to speak up on the matter. But he didnt he stayed quiet.

Huh.

I guess I would have to take it a little further, not too far though- just enough.

I grabbed Albedo by his arm and pulled him along with me as we went to his desk, I couldn't just drink any potion I found.

He seemed to notice this sudden touchyness yet he either ignored it or decided to play along.

At this point, I was curious how close Xiao was to snapping his neck off when I saw that he wasnt even looking at me anymore. He just glanced at the entrance of the cave, obviously wanting to leave. This made me angry.

'Look at me Xiao, look at ME and no one else. Is it that hard to make you see only me?'

These thoughts plagued my mind.

Screw being nice; I was going to have to be cruel.

"So which one do I drink?" - A

I tried to keep calm as I stared at the variations of potions wanting down anyone of them to feel some kind of relief.

He leaned in close and pointed to avert my gaze to a potion that was right infront of me.

"Oh alright, I'll drink it now." - A

"Traveler are you sure-" - P

I drank the potion in one go feeling my throat burn as it ran down my throat.

I felt it instantly, a pulse an insane throb in my head, making me feel lightweight instantly.

Hot.

"Hot. Its hot, my head it hurts. It burns!" - A

Albedo reached out to touch my head to check my temperature when again Xiao appeared behind me and leaned my head on his shoulder so I could relax into his body.

"Is- is he okay?" - P

"I dont know. This is quite interesting. I suggest you get him to a doctor quickly so they can filter the potion out of his blood." - Alb

"Hmph, well this wouldn't be happening if you had checked the precautions. We will be taking our leave. Paimon hold on." - X

"Uh. Okay. See you later Albedo!" - P

The whole time everything I was hearing was muffled. All I could feel were Xiao's hands holding me in place. Secured around my body. Making me feel warm and safe.

"Goodbye Traveler, Paimon and Xiao" - Alb

All it took was a burst of Anemo and we were back in Liyue, Bubu Pharmacy this time though.

I was layed down on a bed by Xiao as Paimon went to call a doctor. Maybe Baizhu himself.

I felt Xiaos fingers play with my hair, stroking my cheek and lips every now and then.

'Aether ...why do you intend to make me so angry?'