29

"Kamisato Ayaka, a pleasure to make your acquaintance" - KA

Paimon gasped slightly floating behind my shoulder, cautious yet in slight awe of meeting such an important person. I felt Xiao's grip on my arm tighten slightly and so I turned to him, smiling and reassuring him.

She stepped forward and took a small bow.

"You must be the Traveler and Paimon, I have already heard much about your adventures in Sumeru." -KA

She had a soft business-like smile as she spoke and she suddenly shifted her eyes onto Xiao.

"And this is..?"

Oh, that was my cue to speak.

"Oh! Yes it's nice to meet you, I'm glad my reputation is so..positive as of now. And erm..this is Xiao. He's the Conqueror of Demons. He is accompanying me for some time." - A

She smiled softly, her eyes sparkling.
"Oh. Pardon me I did not realise there was such an important figure of Liyuean History in the room, my deepest apologies. I hope to not have offended you." - KA

Xiao sighed, loosening the grip on my arm before letting go to introduce himself.

"Not at all, it is a pleasure to be welcomed so far away from home, I trust we can leave you in our care." -X

She nodded slightly.

Thoma led us all to a small room where we sat and decided to get comfortable for the upcoming discussion. Our first and only priority after all was meeting the Electro Archon. There simply was no time to waste.

As we sat, Ayaka spoke about what she knew about the Electro Archon and how she would be able to help us meet her. It seemed the Archon was extremely secluded and meeting her would be a dangerous and difficult task. But I knew I could do it. Especially with Xiao by my side.

After some time Paimon yawned stretching her tiny arms. She floated beside me leisurely, and begun to complain.

"So will we be able to meet her or not? Paimon is getting tired of all the talking!" -P

Ayaka shifted in her seat.

"Well, I can arrange that but...." - KA
Uh oh. I had seen it coming. Here it was, the cry for help that was required of me in every region I had visited. If I needed something I had to save the entire country to get it. It had started to get boring and repetitive but I knew I had to at least hear her out.

"Sorry Traveler, but I need your assistance with something."

Once again a long drawn out conversation was held and Ayaka explained the current state of Inazuma, it's suffering people and how she strived to remove the oppressive rule of the Almighty Shogun, to convince her to change and listen to the cries of her people.

We sat there listening to it all. And when she finished, a heavy silence weighed upon the small room. I had barley begun to speak before a sharp voice interrupted me.

"Absolutely not."

A green-gloved hand was placed on the small desk.

"You cannot expect us, strangers to meddle in the country of another archon, meddle in their affairs and cause chaos. The electro archon is not our god and we do not owe anything to the people of Inazuma either. We are here for the sole purpose of meeting her not for some strange adventure story."

I mentally sighed. Xiao was right but refusing them like this? Without their help we would never be able to approach the Archon. I placed my hand on Xioas shoulder ushering him to calm down.