Chapter 2 : We need you back.

Its been a whole year since I saw Aleksander, every Hydra man I would kill would just be another dead end. I wasn't going to give up on him. I just needed to take my mind of him even if it was just for a few minutes.

I decided to head to the gym, it was late in the evening so I knew I would be the only person there. Opening the glass steal doors I placed my black bag down and took out my wrist wraps placing them carefully around my hands and wrists.

Making my way over to the punching bags I threw a few hard punches, releasing the anger that consumed me. I felt my hands become tired wanting to stop after a hour in, but I pushed myself harder and harder, feeling the sweat start to drip down my forehead.

I Ignored the cuts that was suddenly appearing on my hands. All I could hear was the clashing of the chains pushing together to match my movements. That's when I mind travelled back to that night.

Flashback
"Astraea just get out of here."

"Where are you?."

"I'll be fine, Astraea Just go!"

Punching harder, I grunted feeling myself become more tired with every forced punch. The memories flooded my brain as I remembered that night as if it was yesterday. The chains struggled to keep up with me as I let out all my strength. Seconds later the punching bag broke sending it across the room, hitting the wall with a loud bang.

My heart beat pounding outside of my chest as I struggled to steady my breathing, feeling my chest rise up and down rapidly. Panting I glanced down at my hands that were now bleeding from the heat of the bag.

Without another thought I grabbed another one setting it up once again. Hearing the familiar clicking sound I began.

"Trouble sleeping." I heard a familiar voice  ask as he stood tall at the door his hands behind his back firmly.

I darted my eyes over to see him staring right back at me. I rolled my eyes ignoring him.

"You know you should get out, celebrate, see the world." He added as he entered the room more. I glared at his comment as I made my way over to the bench, unwrapping my wrist wraps. "What do you want Fury?" I asked impatiently.

"We made mistakes Astraea, some recently."

"What you trying to do Fury? send me back into the world." I questioned sarcastically as I sat down. Picking up my water bottle from my bag.

"No trying to save it." With that he handed me an open file. Making me cross my brows in confusion. Taking the file from his hands, my eyes looked down at the open file immediately noticing the picture within it. It was the tesseract. "Hydras secret weapon." I whispered to myself.

"Our Stark fished that out of the Ocean when he was looking for a man called Steve Rogers. He thought what we think the Tesseract could be the key to unlimited unsustainable energy. That's something the world sorely needs."

I passed the file back to Fury, taking in what he said for a few moments before I looked back up at him asking "Who took it from you?"

"He's called Loki, he's not from around here. There's a lot we would have to fill you up to speed with if you're in. The world has gotten even stranger than you already know."

"At this point Nick I doubt anything surprises me." I scoffed as I stood up picking up my black bag, hanging it over my shoulder.

"10 bucks says you're wrong. Besides theres a package waiting for you at your apartment."

Without saying another word I began to walk away. I didn't bother to ask how he knew where my apartment was as that wasn't on my mind. Nick was my old friend not a threat.

"Is there anything you can tell us about the Tesseract that we don't already know?" Fury asked from behind me. I stopping at the door I turned my head slightly, just enough to see his face. "You should've left it in the Ocean."

"I hope you will consider this, we need you."

Letting out a sigh, I gripped my bag tighter as I left without saying another word.

                           ꧁꧂

Entering my small apartment I immediately seen the file placed on my coffee table. Picking it up it had everything I needed to know about the mission. Whoever this Loki was, he definitely was dangerous. Yet something seemed familiar about him that I couldn't figure out. Scanning through the pages it had an address attached to it. Along with a note that said meet us at this location at 7pm If you're in.

I read over note over and over, contemplating whether I should stop this Loki guy. Sighing I grab my things and headed to the location not knowing what to expect.

When I arrived I noticed a man soon approach me. He was tall and was wearing a black suit. "You must be Astraea, Fury sent me to get you. Please if you will come with me."

"And you are?" I asked standing my ground.

"I'm Phil. Phil coulson. Now would you please follow me." He replied as he jesters his hand to the direction of the black BMW. I hesitantly followed him. This should be fun I thought.

—————
Hey lovely's hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Don't worry from here on they will be more Loki scenes. See you in the next one.