Chapter 4 : kneel

The sounds of the agonizing screams echoed throughout the entire street, people running to hide, to escape him. When I made my way outside I decided to hide behind a car to see what he planned to do.

"Kneel before me." Loki demanded fiercely as he used his magic to gather the people into a huge group. Dividing himself into clones making them have no other option but to stop.

"I said.....kneel!" He roared cruelly as his scepter hit the ground with a loud clash making everyone subconsciously doing what he wanted.

What is he doing?

"Is this not your natural state, it's the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." Loki began as he slowly made his way through the crowd of terrified people. "The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy. In a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled." He added proudly.

There was moments of silence within the crowd clearly to terrified to speak. Seconds later an older man stood up. Instantly catching Loki's and I attention. Well this won't end well I whispered to myself.

"Not to men like you." He spat.

"There are no men like me." Loki smirked proudly as he smiled at the elder man.

"There are always men like you."

I could tell from the sudden look on his face that Loki didn't like his answer. I had to do something. Standing up I began to approach the bundle of people.

"Look to your elder people, let him be an example." Loki pointed his scepter towards the man. Who froze in fear.

"Loki stop it!" I shouted firmly as I slowly made my way through the kneeling crowd. Now standing next to the older man. I felt the eyes of thousands as they looked up at me petrified. Loki eyes narrowed as he stared at me intensely, fascinated as he slowly lowered his scepter. "And what do we have here?."

"Didn't your parents ever tell you to respect your elders?." I asked sarcastically as I held my gun tightly to my side making sure it was hidden from his sight. My finger slowly on the trigger.

"Don't start something you can't finish Mortal." Loki threatens as he watched me closely, his eyes suddenly on the hand I was holding my gun by.

"Funny.....I was about to tell you the same thing." I replied with a smirk.

"Astraea duck when I tell you too." I heard Steve command on the other end of my ear. Loki's expression now darkened, making my body freeze where I stood.

"Well let's find out." Loki questioned snapped as he pointed his scepter towards me.

"Astraea now!" Steve shouted.

And with that I did what I was told without thinking twice. Before Loki's blast hit me I felt Steve's body block me from Loki's blast, protecting me with his shield. The energy from the blast went straight towards Loki, knocking him to his feet.

"You know the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else. We ended up disagreeing." Steve began as he stood up making his way towards Loki.

"The soldier" Loki chuckled darkly as he began to stand once again using his scepter as support. "The man out of time."

"I'm not the one out of time." Steve replied. I turned to see the quinjet in the air. Letting me let out a sigh of relief.