Chap 11: For her

So I've been working on this for so long, and I deleted this chapter too many times to count. I'm trying to work through writer's block though, and at the time i'm writing this I'm on vacation, so i'm also trying to clear my mind. But I haven't forgotten about this! So here's chapter 11!

"So our art was passed down in one manner" Arin says softly watching you and Romeo bicker. "We still need to help the rest of the guild" he says louder than before.

"Right" You say as you stop bickering and pay attention. Romeo mirrors you as you follow Arin to the place where Makarov had been giant. This part will stray from the storyline, warning here

As you arrive, you see the guild locked in combat with Grimoire. You quickly scan around for Wendy who's fighting hard against a... silver haired girl?

"No..." You mutter under your breath, rushing over to Wendy.

"Y/N! Where are you going?" Arin calls after you, but you don't stop. You need to get there quick, before Wendy is hurt, or worse.

Flashback time

Four year old you was sitting down with E/N, another exceed called Obsidian, and your best friend, Amethyst. You called her Amy though.

There was no other way of saying it- you liked her. A lot. Thinking it was just childish infatuation though, you never acted on it. At least, you had never acted on it. Today was the day you confessed.

Timeskip 1 year

You and Amy were dating, at first childish humor growing into actual love. You never wanted to leave her, even if you had been told Terrian would come back if you did. And it was all fine until as you matured, you realized a side of her that hadn't seen before. Many times she would yell at other people, and started to get possessive over you. There had been a time where you had been chased out of a city because she attacked a group of girls that had been "Looking at you weird".

When you were 8, you confronted her about this, and she threatened you, and E/N. Realizing she wouldn't change because of words, you left her. You said nothing further, you just left. You were sorry, but you never regretted your decision.

Present day - Wendy's POV

She was fighting a battle, and she was losing.

"Give up already, you're outmatched" The silver haired girl says in triumph.

"No... he needs me" Wendy says quietly, but the silver haired girl still heard.

"He? Oh, you're, dating someone. So am I, and I intend to go back to him" She says wistfully, confusing Wendy. What did she mean by that? Wendy thinks. Dodging attacks.

"Since you won't give up I'll make you. Crystal Dragon Roar!" She yells.

I don't have enough energy to dodge. I'm a failure. I'm sorry mom, i'm sorry YN, Wendy thinks.

"Earth Dragon Stone Shield!" A voice yells, as a stone wall appears in front of Wendy.

"Y/N!" She blurts, excited, scared, and happy at the same time.

"Y/N? Oh Y/N, you came back to me!" The silver haired girl squeals with glee.

Back to her? What does she mean?, Wendy thought, suddenly scared that you cheated on her. He wouldn't, do that would he?

Your POV

"We stopped dating years ago, you and I both know that" You say trying to sound calm.

"Aww, but babe, we could've had so much fun~" Amethyst says lustfully.

"I've moved on. I have a girlfriend again" You reply evenly

You watch as her expression slowly changed from lust to hatred, connecting the dots.

"You bastard! I was in love with you, did everything for you. And then you just walk out of my life and find someone else" She yells in tears. Making you feel a twinge of guilt. She summons diamonds and fires them at you.

"You threatened my life, drove us out of cities, and tried to kill innocent people! You weren't the Amethyst I once knew" You spat, angry.

You looked back to see Wendy staring at the battle, horrified. It pained you to see her like that, and so you knew you had to finish this. For her