chapter 1

"ANJAE!!" Someone shouts my name as I'm walking to school. I also hear footsteps running behind me. I turn and see my best friend, the one, the only, Jisung Park.

Me and Jisung have been friends since diapers...literally. We live right next door to each other and our families are very close. Jisung and I are normally always together. A lot of people assume we're...together.

"JISUNG PARK!!" I scream back.

"Hey! Why did you leave without me?!" He asks offendedly once he caught up with me.

"I'm sorry, Ji. I didn't get much sleep last night because someone decided to keep me on FaceTime all night" I state accusingly.

"Oops-" he recalls your long phone call last night. He starts to wonder how he even has any energy. "Anyways... are you excited for junior year?" He asks.

"Umm... I guess. It's just like any other year, just different classes." I respond while kicking a rock in my path. Jisung hums in response and nods his head.

"I just hope nothing crazy happens and that we're still besties at the end!" I state hopefully. "You say that every year" Jisung says. "You don't even have to worry about that"

"I hope you're right."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We arrive at the entrance of our school and we're greeted by the other half of our friend group. Donghyuck and Chae are leaned against the wall outside waiting for us.

We have all been friends since the fifth grade. Well, all of us except Chae. Me, Jisung, and Donghyuck were all in the same class in fifth grade and for some reason me and Jisung were drawn to him. Maybe it was his personality. He is very bright, like the sun.

Chae on the other hand, is fairly new. We've only known her since last year. She started hanging out with us towards the end of sophomore year. Honestly, I don't really like her. I've tried to talk to her and be nice to her but she's always been hostile towards me. She's more concerned with the boys of our group.

"Good morning!" Donghyuck beams brightly. Me and Jisung respond with good mornings and we all begin to walk to the cafeteria for breakfast.

We sit down at a table with our breakfast. "Yuck!" Chae shouts in disgust. "How do they expect us to eat this?" I personally don't think the food is that bad...

"Jisungie I'm hungry!" She whines and I cringe at the nickname. Jisung blushes, which is strange. I noticed the two looking at each other weirdly but I didn't pay much attention. "How about we all go to the cafe across the street after school" I suggest. Everyone nods in agreement. I could've swore I saw Chae roll her eyes through my peripherals but I ignored it.

We finish breakfast and we all head our seperate ways. I walk upstairs to find my class. I'm not really paying attention to where I'm going, I'm too busy trying to study my schedule. As I'm walking with my head down, I bump into something. Or someone. I stumbled but he stood firm. I look up to see Mark Lee.