chapter 19

They finish eating and Jisung pays the check. The two best friends walk home together. "Can I stay over tonight? We can watch movies!" Anjae's eyes light up. She's missed watching movies and just spending time with her best friend. "Of course Jisung, that's exactly what I need."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

The two best friends make their way inside. Anjae goes upstairs. Jisung goes to follow her but he's stopped by Mrs. Kim. "Jisung, thank you. Anjae has not been herself for the past week. Her father's passing took a toll on her. Thank you for bringing my baby girl back." Mrs. Kim says in appreciation. "I've missed her too. I had to do something." He beams at her before joining Anjae upstairs.

Anjae and Jisung change into their pajamas and make their way downstairs. Jisung gets snacks and Anjae gets drinks. "Let's watch a drama. There's one on Netflix that caught my attention." Anjae says from the couch. "Sure, what's it called." Jisung calls from the kitchen. He's waiting for the popcorn to finish. "Accidentally in Love" Jisung groans loudly.

"I thought you were going to say 'The Uncanny Encounter'. I saw that one on my recommended this morning." Jisung whines. "Nope, I wanna watch this one." She says joining him in the kitchen. "Fine." He pouts. "Cute" Anjae pinches the boy's cheeks. "Yah! Stop that!" He exclaims. Anjae is amused at his actions. "We can watch your drama next time. I promise." Jisung wraps his pinky around Anjae's.

They pile onto the couch. Jisung didn't want to watch the drama but he's more interested than Anjae. He's mindlessly stuffing his mouth with popcorn. "How have they not figured out that they're the same person?" Jisung asks. Anjae doesn't respond. "Anjae?" He looks down at the girl. She's asleep.

Jisung turns the TV off and cleans up. "Jae" he calls her name hoping she'll wake up. It's no good. "Alright then." He walks over to her sleeping figure. He wraps her arms around his neck and places his hands under her legs. The situation seems oddly familiar.

She's not heavy at all and that causes Jisung to feel uneasy. He doesn't want to leave her alone through the night. He carried her upstairs and places her in her bed. Jisung covers Anjae with the blanket and places a small kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight Jae." Jisung doesn't leave her room. He brings his pillows and his blankets and sleeps on the floor next to her.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Original POV

The next morning, I wake up feeling better than I have in a while. I feel energized. I roll out bed and I'm startled when I look at the floor. "Jisung!" I shout my best friend's name. "Why are you on the floor?" Jisung stirs and groans from sleeping on the floor. "You fell asleep on the couch last night. I carried you up here, I didn't want to leave you alone." He states tiredly. He runs his eyes and stands to his feet. "Thanks"

"No problem, how do you feel?" Honestly, I feel better. I finally got a good night's sleep. It feels like it's been forever since I've slept. "I feel amazing. Thank you Ji!" I pull him into a hug. "I mean it, thank you for taking care of me." I squeeze him tighter. "Ow, you're welcome. I can't breathe!" I let him go and laugh at his cries for air.

"So what are we doing today?" It's the weekend so we don't have school. "Umm what about boba?" I suggest. "Sounds great!" Jisung says excitedly. "Let's invite Hyuck, Lia, and Mark. I haven't spent time with any of them either. I feel bad." Jisung pats my head. "I'm sure they understand. Don't beat yourself up." Jisung says reassuringly. I nod my head. "I'll call Hyuck!" He exclaims.

I pull out my phone to call Lia. "Hello" she answers the phone. "Lia, do you and Mark maybe wanna go get boba today with me, Jisung, and Hyuck?" I nervously wait for her answer. "Of course, Mark says he'd love to come." I breathe a sigh of relief. "Great! We'll meet you there."

We all arrive at the boba shop. Hyuck hasn't arrived yet. He and I order the same drink so I order for him. "Two rose milk teas!" I say to the cashier. I pay for the drinks and join my friends at the table. "Anjae, we've all missed you! It's so great to see you in better spirits." Lia says with a warm smile. "Mark missed you the most." She said quickly under her breath. No one understood what she said except me. I try to conceal my laughter.

Hyuck walks through the door, finally. "Hey! I've got your drink already!" I call out to him. He walks over to the table and takes a seat next to Lia. "Thanks Jae!" He says smiling. "No problem." I return his smile. "Mark, what flavor did you get?" I ask jokingly. I already know exactly which flavor he got. "Girl, you already know I had to get watermelon." He says, sassily sipping his drink. The whole table erupts in laughter.

After a while, Hyuck says he wants to make an announcement. "Excuse me, I have something to tell everyone." We all lean in to hear him better. "Lia and I are together. Like together together." Everyone looks at each other and shrugs. "I thought it was going to be something we didn't know already." Jisung says. "Me too." Mark agrees with him.

We congratulate the two and get back to our previous conversations. Everyone was really worried about me. "I'm sorry everyone. I'm sorry for making you worry so much. Thank you all for being patient with me." I say looking down at the table. "No ma'am. I'm not accepting that apology. You were grieving. We would be terrible friends if we got angry at you. We worried because we're your friends, we don't want to see you upset." Lia says and everyone agrees with her.

We finish our boba and everyone gets ready to leave. Lia invites me to come over and hang out for a while. I accept. Jisung and Hyuck wave goodbye while walking home. I climb into the car with Lia and Mark. It's been a minute since I've been with the siblings. I've missed them.