chapter 23

"Lia, I'm nervous." I whine. "Why? You already know you both like each other. The confession is out of the way, just tell him." She says pushing me out of her room and into the hallway. At the same time, Mark walks out of his room. I quickly run into the bathroom.

"Anjae!" Lia shouts. "If you don't tell him, I will!" I open the bathroom door. "Tell me what?" Mark asks looking down at me. He has this slight smile that hints to him already knowing what I'm about to say. "Come on" I grab his wrist and drag him back to his room.

We both sit down on the edge of the bed. "I talked to Jisung." I simply say. "Really? How'd it go?" Mark inquires. "I'm sorry, but he told me..." I trail off. Mark looks disappointed. "He told me, to talk to you immediately. He wants us to be together!" I shout, catching him off guard. "What? For real?" His face lights up. "Yeah I was just messing with you. He apologized for everything he said to me at the dance."

"That's great!" Mark exclaims. "So...what happens now?" He asks. "I don't know. I've never had a boyfriend before." He looks at me surprised. "I find that hard to believe." I roll my eyes at him. "It's true!" I defend. "Well, I've never had a girlfriend." What did he say? "Huh? Now I find that hard to believe." I say in disbelief. He just chuckles at my shock. "Well, I guess we can just figure it out as we go." I say. He nods in agreement. "Sounds good to me."

"So Anjae, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks looking me straight in the eyes. "Yeah, I guess so." I say nonchalantly. I try to keep the act up but the biggest smile spreads across my face, giving me away. Mark is amused by this. He grabs me and pulls me into his embrace. We fall back onto the bed. "Finally, I've wanted to ask you that for a long time." He says brushing my hair out of my face.

"Thank you for being so patient, Mark." I can't believe I got so lucky. "I told you I would. I would've waited as long as it took." My face feels hotter than the sun. He's staring into my eyes so intensely. I run my fingers through his fluffy hair. He leans in closer, inches away from my face. His eyes flicker down to my lips before returning to my eyes. I lean in closer and close my eyes. Before we can make contact, we're interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Mark!!" Lia shouts. He rolls his eyes and gives me a small smile. He gets up to open the door. I sit up on the bed. "Yes, Lia?" he answers. "Can you ask Anjae if she wants to stay the night." He turns to me, I nod my head. "She said yes" he says. "Okay, great! I'll invite Hyuck and Jisung. You two, come help me get set up" she commands.

Mark let's out a frustrated sigh before nodding his head at his sister. "Thanks Mark!" She calls out, walking away. Mark walks back to me and gives me a small peck on the cheek to make up for the interruption. He turns to leave the room. "Mark, I didn't bring a change of clothes. Can I wear yours?" I ask him. He smiles at the thought of me in his clothes again. "Of course, wear whatever you want."

"Thanks!" I shout excitedly. "Anything for you." He says before walking downstairs. Those three words always seem to make me lose my mind. I go straight to his drawer and pull out a pair of black sweatpants and a t-shirt with a watermelon on the front. His clothes are really comfy and soft. I hope he doesn't expect to get them back.

I walk downstairs to help set up. Lia is ordering food. Mark is supposed to be setting up games but he's standing still gawking at me. He walks over to me. "Have I ever told you that I love it when you wear my clothes. You're wearing my favorite shirt but it looks way better on you." He says. "Actually you have told me that before. You just stuttered a lot" I tease. "You know you liked it. You thought it was cute, didn't you?" He raises his eyebrow and smirks at me. Now I'm the one being teased.

"Maybe I did" I say sliding past him to get into the kitchen. "Anjae, get started on some cookies" Lia instructs. "Okay. Mark come help." I call the boy. "You sure about this?" He asks nervously. I nod and wave him over. "It's easy, just roll the dough and place it on the pan." I say, showing him how to do it. He copies my actions. "This is way easier than making eggs!" He exclaims excitedly. He's adorable!

The doorbell rings and Lia answers it. Jisung and Hyuck arrived early. "Come in!" She tells them. "Hi Lia" Hyuck says pulling her into a hug. Jisung walks past the lovebirds and into the kitchen. "Hey Jisung" "What's up?" Mark and Jisung greet each other with a high five. "Hey Ji" I greet my best friend. He pulls me to the side "Did you talk to him?" I nod my head with a smile. "It's about time! I'm happy for you!" He pulls me into a hug.

"So, I'm the only one that's still single? Dang." We all laugh at him. "It's okay Jisung, we'll find the right girl for you." Lia assures him. We all nod in agreement. "Thanks guys" Jisung smiles at us. "What food did you order?" Hyuck asks. "Pizza and wings" Lia replies. We hear a knock on the door. It's the food. "I'll get it!" Jisung jumps up to get the food.
It takes him a minute, but he eventually returns.