chapter 22

I'm sitting on my bed next to Jisung. It's been almost a month since he didn't confess to me. He said he needed to figure out exactly what he was feeling. He came here because he's figured it out. I have a feeling we're in for a very long talk.

"Anjae, I've figured it out. I know what I feel towards you. I like you. I like you as more than just friends." He confesses. "Jisung..." I can't look at him. "It's okay if you don't feel the same. I needed to get that off of my chest." He says. "Hold on, I do feel the same. Well, I did. I had to think long and hard about it." I begin. He looks towards me with a concentrated face.

"We're best friends. We've been best friends for years. I don't know if I wanna risk all of these years of friendship for a relationship that could possibly ruin it. My goal every year is for us to still be friends." I explain to him.

"I know that. I understand where you're coming from. If we break up and have to pretend we don't know each other, I'll never forgive myself. I'd hate to have to be that ex boyfriend. I think it's better for us to remain besties."

"I agree. See, this is why we're best friends. We practically share the same brain cells." I smile widely at him. "I'm glad we had this talk." He states, pulling me into a hug. "Me too... but I have something else to talk to you about." Jisung hums in response.

"The night of the dance, Mark confessed to me. I told him I needed to talk to you before anything else could happen. I wanted to make sure that you and I were on good terms." I explain to him. "Jisung, I hope you know I'll never leave you. You'll always be my best friend. Even when we're both married. Nothing will stop us from being besties."

"I know that. I was just upset that night. I took it out on you and I'm still sorry about that. I shouldn't have put you in that situation, you should talk to Mark. Don't ever let me hold you back from being happy." Jisung says, giving me a warm smile.

That conversation went over better than I thought it would. We just needed to be honest with each other. "Thank you, Jisung" I truly appreciate having him in my life.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"So when are you going to talk to Mark?" Jisung inquires. We're sitting on the couch, watching Accidentally in Love. Jisung chose to turn it on, even though he apparently didn't want to watch it. "Umm I'm thinking sometime this week. I kept him waiting for a long time." I say stuffing popcorn into my mouth.

"I approve of him." Jisung says staring straight at the TV. I look up at him. "What? He's a good dude. And he waited for, I don't know too many guys that would do that." He says turning to look at me. "You're right. Wait, does this mean I get to approve of your girlfriends?" I ask him with a sly smile. "Hmm" he ponders. "Since you can get pretty violent, I'll let you approve just to avoid another Chae situation."

"Fair enough" I say with a shrug. We spend the rest of the night watching Accidentally in Love. I'm pretty sure Jisung fell in love with Chen QingQing. Situ Feng looks oddly familiar for some reason, I just can't seem to think of who he resembles. "Situ Feng looks familiar, don't you think?" Jisung turns to me. Did he just read my mind? "I was thinking the same thing!" I exclaim.

"I think I know." He says. "He looks like one of the seniors from our ninth grade year. I think his name was Dong Sicheng. He was an exchange student." I think about it. "Ehh I kinda see it. Maybe that's who I had in mind, I'm not sure." I shrug.

Am I the only one that thought Situ Feng resembled Winwin a little bit?