chapter 16

"Mark..." I say in a small voice. "I feel the same" I smile at my hands in my lap. Mark breathes a sigh of relief. "Really?" I nod my head at him, biting my lip to conceal the huge smile threatening to take over my face. "So what happens now?" He asks. I think about it for awhile then I remember. Jisung. This is what he was upset about. "Mark I have to tell you something."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Jisung's POV

I shouldn't have said those things to Anjae. I don't even know why I said it. I was hurt by Chae, not Anjae. I know she would never leave me. She would never treat me the way I treated her. I should be happy for her if she likes Mark. Right? I don't even like Anjae like that, do I? Why was I so jealous? I need to apologize to her as soon as possible.

I run back inside to look for her but she's not here. I ask Lia if she's seen her. "She asked Mark to take her home." I run outside to catch her but she's gone. I slap my hands on my thighs in frustration, bending over to catch my breath. I'll just call her later.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Original POV

Mark looks at me nervously. "Yes?"
"About what happened with Jisung, he was upset because he felt like I was leaving him...for you." I stare intensely at my fingers. "Oh, well I-uh" he sounds a little disappointed. "Just give me some time. I need to make things right with Jisung first." I look up at him and give him a warm smile. "Ok, take as long as you need. I'll wait for you." There's that feeling again. My heart is beating so loud.

"Do I actually need to take you home?" Mark asks me. "I guess not, I just wanted to get away from the situation." I say turning my face to him. He looks at me with a smirk "You hungry?"

"Is that even a question?" He chuckles at my response. "Let's go get pizza!" I suggest. Mark's eyes light up. "You read my mind!" He drives us to a small pizza restaurant a few miles away from the school. We go inside and sit in a booth. "What kind of pizza do you like?" He asks me. "Pepperoni is my favorite"

"Mine too!" Mark orders one pizza for us to share. We almost finish the whole pizza. I left my crust on my plate. "Whew! I'm full" I state rubbing my stomach. Mark eyes my plate before asking, "Are you gonna eat that?" gesturing to my pizza crust. "No, you can have it." I hand him my plate. "The crust is the best part of the pizza. Whenever I eat pizza with friends or with Lia, they all give me their crust."

"Has anyone ever told you that you are adorable" I ask him. He gets shy. "Maybe...my mom" I smile at him. He has one of those faces that's super adorable but stupidly handsome at the same time.

Mark pays the check and we leave the restaurant. He takes me to my house and parks in the driveway. I step out of the car. "Thank you, Mark. For everything." I say through the window. "Anything for you." He says smiling at me. Those words filled my stomach with a million butterflies. I wave goodbye as he drives off before walking into my house.

"I'm home!" I announce to my parents. "How was your night?" My dad calls out from the couch. "It was fine." I say walking upstairs to my room. I change out of my dress and into my sweatpants. I put on Mark's shirt that he let me keep. I throw myself on the bed. I pull out my phone and see ten missed calls from Jisung. I already knew what was coming next.

I heard a knock from the front door. My dad opened it. "Hi Mr. Kim, is Anjae home?" A familiar voice asks. "Yeah Jisung, she's upstairs." My dad lets him inside. Jisung makes his way to my room and knocks on the door. "Go away!" I shout. But he comes in anyway. "Jae, can we talk? Please?" He pleads. "Fine" I roll my eyes and sit up on my bed.

He sits next to me. "I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. I guess I was a bit jealous. I didn't mean a word of it. I promise!" He blurts out quickly. "Ji, I would never leave you. You should know this, you're my best friend. I know you didn't mean it. It hurt that you even compared me to her."

"I know, I promise to never do that again." I extend my pinky to him. "Promise?" He wraps his pinky around mine. "Promise." We smile at each other and he pulls me into his embrace. "Do you really forgive me?" He asks worriedly. "Yes Ji, I forgive you. I can't stay mad at you anyway, you're too cute." I say pinching his cheeks. "Yah! I hate it when you do that!" He exclaims.

I no longer know where this story is going :)