chapter 11

The next morning I'm awoken by my phone ringing. I squint at the bright screen to check the caller ID. It's my dad. "Hello" I say groggily. "Jae, you scared me. I thought I was talking to a man. Anyways, your mom and I are extending our trip for another week" He always says that. Maybe stop calling me so early in the morning.

"Ok" I mumble. "Bye Jae, we love you"
"Love you too" I say before hanging up and laying back down. As soon as my head hits the pillow, the alarm goes off. I groan so loudly that I wake Lia up. She rolls over and pushes me off the bed. "Sorry" I apologize.

"What was that?" Mark says knocking on the door. "Lia pushed me" I say still on the floor. "You can come in Mark" Lia announces. He comes in and helps me up before sitting on the end of the bed. I take this opportunity to tell the siblings of the news I received.

"So... I might be staying a little bit longer. My parents extended their trip for another week." I say hoping that I'm not being a burden. "Fix your face, I love having you here. I finally know what it feels like to have a sister." Lia says reassuring me. "Stay as long as you like, I also enjoy your company. Mark says with a wide grin. I smile at the siblings and pull them into a group hug.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

When we get to school, we meet up with Hyuck and Jisung. Lia reminds all of us to meet in the library after school. Lia and I walk to class together and we see Chae coming out of the bathroom. Yay. She's here.

During class, I ask Lia if the theme should be red carpet, since we agreed on something classy. Lia loves the idea. "We can get started on decorating tomorrow. We need to make a list of supplies today." I nod my head at her. "Now about music, Michael Jackson never goes out of style" I begin before I'm cut off by the bell for lunch.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

It's now after school and everyone is here in the library. Chae is here too. Great. "Guys, we have a theme. Since we wanted something classy, Anjae came up with a red carpet theme." Lia announces to everyone.

"I like that idea" Hyuck says.
"Yeah me too" Jisung chimes in. "I think that's too basic." Chae comments. We all look at her. "Did you have a better idea?" I snap at her. Now everyone's looking at me. I walk over to her. She's shorter than me so it's easy for me to intimidate her. She clears her throat "no..." "Okay then, shall we continue?" I say looking at everyone looking at me.

I guess I caught everyone off guard. Normally I'm nice and patient, but there's just something about Chae that pushes my buttons. I was not going to let her ruin this for Lia. "Okayyyy!" Mark shouts, grabbing everybody's attention. "Lia..." he says gesturing for her to take over. She assigns jobs and we make a supply list.

"Does anyone have any questions?" Lia asks. We all shake our heads and begin leaving the library. Jisung stops me before I get up and pulls me to the side. "Are you okay?"
"Yes? Why are you asking?"

"What was that just now with Chae?" He asks folding his arms. "Nothing to worry about. I just didn't feel like dealing with her criticism. I'm not going to let her ruin this for Lia." I say bitterly. Jisung doesn't say anything. He just hums and walks away.

Mark interrogates me on the same subject before I get in the car. I tell him the same thing. "Thank you for being a good friend to Lia but you scared me back there. I've never seen you like that."

"Sorry?" Mark laughs at my unsure apology. Am I supposed to apologize or... "You don't need to be sorry, I was just surprised."

I didn't know how to end this chapter. I don't even like it :(