chapter 10

After we finished eating, we walked back to the school. Mark was still there, so Lia and I went back to the library. Jisung and Donghyuck tagged along. We're all sitting in the library catching up, doing homework, and just enjoying each other's company.

"Guys!" Lia shouts. We all avert our attention to her. "I almost forgot to tell you! I'm on dance committee this year. I have to set up for the End of Semester Dance!"

"That's great Lia!" Donghyuck says with a smile. "I'm going to need all of you to help. Mark included." She said pointing at all of us.
"Yes ma'am!" Jisung saluted.
"Of course!" I beamed at her.

"We need to start thinking of possible themes." Lia stated. We start brainstorming but no one can really think of anything. "I think the theme should be something classy." Donghyuck chimes in. "I agree" I nod my head at his suggestion.

Before we can settle on a theme, Mark walks in. He signals to me and Lia that it's time to go. Lia turns to the two boys still seated. "We will meet here everyday after school, ok?" The boys nod and gather their things to leave as well.

"Anjae!" Jisung shouts my name. I turn around. He runs up to me. "Thank you for giving me a second chance. I'm sorry for ignoring you, I really didn't mean to." He apologizes. "It's all good Ji, I just missed hanging out with my best friend." I smile at him. "You should come back to the house sometime" he suggests not wanting to rush me. "Maybe I will."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Lia, Mark, and I are all piled on the couch. No one is really watching the TV, it's just on for background noise. Lia decides to fill Mark in on the plans for the dance. She doesn't ask him if he'll help, she just tells him and he obliges. "I don't mind helping at all, especially if it means I get to spend time with my favorite juniors..." He says smiling at both of us "Lia and... Hyuck! Of course!" He shouts laughing. "Hey!" I jump up slapping his arm. "Ow!" He's still laughing while rubbing his arm.

"I'm just kidding!" He screams as I was about to hit him again. "That actually hurt, you're stronger than you look" he comments still rubbing his arm. I start to feel bad, I didn't even mean to hit him that hard. Oops.

"Of course you are one of my favorite juniors. Actually, you and Lia are my favorite people...besides mom of course." He reassures me. "You're such a mama's boy" Lia laughs at him. I think that's cute. Hold up. Did Mark just say I'm one of his favorite people? I think I might just die.

"Time for bed!" Mark announces. Lia and I look at him like he's speaking a foreign language. "What?" He says defensively. "We have school in the morning."

"Whatever you say, Mork" Lia says before signaling me to follow her upstairs. We go to her room and get ready for bed. I wasn't tired and neither was Lia. We lied down in her bed and began talking.

We weren't talking about much until Lia asked about my relationship with Jisung. "What happened between you two. You guys used to be closer."

"Yeah... he got a girlfriend and he was acting like no one else existed. His mom doesn't even like the girl"
"You know mom's are always right. It's like their superpower" Lia says.
"That's what Hyuck said!" I exclaim.
Lia and I burst into giggles before eventually falling asleep.