Chapter 11 - Galra Keith

The years passed, and Keith got more markings. He now had a marking on each cheek, two following his collar bones, two following his ribs under his pecs, two following the v of his stomach, and his final marking. A diamond pattern along his spine, top to bottom and connected to all his other markings. Lance could recognize his best friend was decently attractive, well, if he was being honest with himself, Keith was hot.

Keith is 21 now, thanks to his time in the quantum abyss with his mom and space wolf, who Lance named Kosmo. Lance and Hunk are 19, Pidge is 16, and Shiro's 24. He used to be 5 years older and Keith, but is now technically only 3 years older than him. 

It was time for another check-in, and when Keith ran up to Lance for a hug, he smelled something...off. They were walking to the room, and when the door closed behind Lance, Keith took off his mask. 

"Lance, who's scent is on you?" Lance paled and turned his head away.
"No one. It's nothing, don't worry about it. Besides, how can you expect people to resist-" Before Lance could finish, Keith stood up and walked over to him. 
"Don't lie to me, Lance. You promised." 
"Keith-"
"Lance."

Lance sighed. "Look, some alpha wanted to get a little too close for comfort last night, but it's fine. Hunk and Pidge stepped in before anything could happen. It's all good." Keith knew Lance was lying. He knew Lance hated having to be saved by others, it made him feel weak for being an omega. He also knew something did happen, if the guy's scent was lingering a little too long on Lance.

"Okay, thank you for telling me." Keith was pissed, Lance could tell, he knew Lance wasn't telling the full truth. 
"Just...don't do anything stupid. I know you, remember?"
Keith chuckled. "How could I forget? Besides, when have I ever done something stupid?" Lance gave him a look. "You don't need to answer that." Lance laughed.

~Time skip~

'Keith was pissed.' Understatement of the year. Keith was seething. He was impulsive. Not a good combo right now. Keith was making his way down the halls, tracking the alphas scent that was on Lance. He wound up in the cafeteria and paused, lifting his head a little to sort out all the different smells. He saw Lance and Hunk and Pidge see him, their eyes going wide. All of that was secondary when Keith laid eyes on him. 

The alpha was sitting with a bunch of others, clearly their own little group. Keith walked towards him, making sure the guy looked at him. When he was a few feet away, Keith took off his mask and hood, grabbing the guy the collar of his uniform with both hands. Keith slammed him into the wall, making eye contact to stop him from squirming.

Lance, Pidge, and Hunk watched as Keith leaned in to whisper something in the alpha's ear. The entire cafeteria was dead silent, but still, no one could hear what Keith was saying. The alpha's eyes widened, and tears started to leak out. When Keith finished, he let the alpha go and looked down on him with a poker face as he fell to his knees on the floor, crying.

Whispers were going around, and Keith could hear his name being spoken over and over and over again. Iverson rushed into the room at that moment, eye widening at seeing Keith without his mask on. Shock soon turned into a scowl, and Keith smirked. 

"Admirals Office. Now." Iverson bit out through clenched teeth, stepping to the side to make sure Keith would follow. Keith raised his chin and walked out of the cafeteria, hearing "That was the Pure-Blooded Alpha," on his way out.

~Time skip~

"Stupid politics," Keith muttered as he walked into Lance's room with Lance, Hunk, and Pidge. 
"Well, at least we're roommates, now. And may I say, idiota! Eso fue algo estupido!"
"I can't help it! I smelled that bastard's scent, and my instincts took over!" Keith shot back.

"Well, now you're stuck here with us. Lance is in charge of you, a d you need to follow him around for classes and stuff until this gets sorted out," Hunk. Ever the peacekeeper.
"I know, I know. Wait. Classes? Fuck."
"Wow. You have a way with words, mullet," Lance deadpanned. 

Keith ended up following Lance around for about two weeks. In that time, the group of four, well, five since Shiro would sometimes join them, for a bunch of looks. Every time someone walked up to them, meaning to ask a question, Keith would glare and they would run off. 

Finally, though, the whole situation was sorted out, and Keith went back to the base with Shiro, Thace, and Ulaz. Lance missed him, though.