The moon and lunar phases

- With their name being LOONA, obviously the moon / moons play a big role in the LOONAVERSE.

- The moon plays many different roles in the Loonaverse. In OEC, we see that each girl represents the moon in different forms; Kim Lip as a solar eclipse, Jinsoul as a lunar eclipse, while Choerry is a full moon. The symbolic ties to each of these lunar events tell us more about their character and stories.

- There are also 12 moons (lunar cycles, that is) in a year, tying to the 12 girls. This could be referring to another cycle within the Loonaverse, one involving the girls; recall the Mobius strip, which moves in an endless loop, much like how the moon cycles endlessly.

- Historically, the moon has been a symbol of delusions and lunacy. It was believed that the full moon in particular had mystical powers which caused erratic behavior. After all, the moon is able to dictate the huge body of water the ocean, and humans are 70% water, so of course the moon would influence humans, right? This isn’t to say that I think the entire Loonaverse is some sort of moon-induced delusion of the girls, but remember that the moon has historically been known to influence people and events drastically, and this extends to the Loonaverse.

 After all, the moon is able to dictate the huge body of water the ocean, and humans are 70% water, so of course the moon would influence humans, right? This isn’t to say that I think the entire Loonaverse is some sort of moon-induced delusion of ...