f i r s t d a y

They're married and their daughter Rosie is now 4 years old

Nicolas stretched his arms on the bed to grab his husband and pull him back into his arms but when he only felt the cold sheet he frowned. He reluctantly opened his eyes and when he confirmed that Kai wasn't sleeping next to him he groaned.

He glanced at the alarm clock they had in their room and when he saw it was 7:05 he huffed.

Where on earth did his angel run off to so early in the morning?

Nicolas shuffled out of the bed and after brushing his teeth he walked out of his room to go search for him.

He first stopped by Rosie's room and quietly opened it, thinking she was going to be sleeping but he was surprised to find her missing too.

"Kai!" Nicolas yelled as he walked downstairs but he didn't hear any responses.

Nicolas was about to panic when he heard light giggling from his study. He sighed in relief and walked towards it.

He slowly opened the door and when he saw it was empty his expression dropped.

But then he saw tiny feet poking out of his study and he bit his lip to conceal his laughter.

"I wonder where my babies are?" He drawled, as he walked deeper inside.

"I even had a surprise for them but I guess they don't want it since they disappeared." He said and then he heard a tiny gasp.

"No! Rosie wants surprise!" Rosie exclaimed as she crawled out of her hiding spot and Kai groaned against his breath.

She was still wearing her Moana pjs and her dirty blond hair was a mess. "Princess, why were you hiding from dad?"

"Cause papa said so!" She snitched and Nicolas laughed as he scooped her up.

"Baby, come out now." Nicolas called out and then hesitantly Kai crawled out as he stuck his tongue out at them.

"Rosaline, I won't forget this betrayal." Kai said but Rosie giggled as she hid her face in her father's neck.

"Don't be mad at her." Nicolas chided before he narrowed his eyes at his husband. "Why were you even hiding?"

Kai blushed as he muttered incoherent words under his breath.

"I'm gonna make breakfast." He rushed out before leaving the study in a hurry and Nicolas tilted his head in confusion.

"I'm gonna get her ready!" He yelled as Kai shut the door behind him.

"Will you tell me why you and your papa were hiding, princess?" Nicolas said as he started walking back to her bedroom.

"Papa said not to tell you." She said.

"If you tell me I'll give you chocolate later." Nicolas bribed and her eyes brightened.