f i g h t

"Nicolas, wait!" Kai yelled as he ran after Nicolas while he stormed out of the now empty hallway of their university

Nicolas turned a corner and entered a classroom he knew would be empty for a few more hours and when he heard the door shut behind him he took a deep breath and reminded himself to calm down.

"Kai, please leave me alone right now. I don't want to talk to you." Nicolas forced the words to leave his mouth despite how much it hurt him to say them. He's never felt so upset at his boyfriend in all the years he's known him and he did not know how to handle his emotions.

"Nicolas, please let me explain." Kai pleaded as he moved closer to grab Nicolas' hand but Nic moved away and instead sat down on a chair.

"Fine, explain." He ground out as he looked at the floor knowing if he looked up at Kai he would break.

"I didn't mean to hide this from you. I just thought I'd be able to handle him on my own. I didn't want you to waste your energy on someone so meaningless and stupid. I didn't think he was-he was going to be so desperate." Kai said and Nicolas groaned.

"Kai I'm not upset that he's liked you or even that he's been so disrespectful towards us already being together. I'm upset that you lied to me. I'm upset you told me that he stopped his advances when he didn't and I'm upset that you broke our promise. You promised me you would tell me when something bothers you to the point of causing you stress." Nicolas said, his words tight and Kai winced as he realized just how badly he fucked up.

"I just- didn't want you to get into another fight with him. And-and nothing even happened." Kai said and Nicolas suddenly stood up.

"How can you even say that when he has been fucking harassing you for weeks Kai! Weeks!" Nicolas exclaimed and his voice raised a tone higher and the curse made Kai flinch.

"He didn't harass me." Kai muttered and Nicolas laughed in disbelief.

"Are you really defending him right now?" Nicolas demanded and Kai's eyes widened and he shook his head.

"I'm not!" Kai suddenly yelled. "I'm trying to get you to stop being so mad. You've never-you've never talked to me like that before and now because of him you are!"

Nicolas took a moment to stop and he realized Kai was right. He's never talked to him like that and no matter how upset he is he should never talk to him like that.

"Fuck, I'm sorry baby." Nicolas breathed out and he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. This is why he wanted to be left alone because he didn't want to say something he would regret.

But now that it was out there he figured it was best to let Kai know how he felt about the whole situation.

"It's just, do you know how I felt after Noelle came to me and finally told me that he's been following you around and sending you creepy texts? How I felt knowing you confided in someone other than me when all I ever wanted to do is protect you?" Nicolas said, his voice growing tired.