Chapter 3

JESS

"Wow the crowd is more than I expected", I tell Mitch as we get to Nate's place and I stare at the crowd from the window in Mitch's car.

"Yeah, they are kind of", Mitch agrees with me as he pulls off his seat belt and gets ready to come out of the car.

I get down from my side of the car and come and join Mitch as he got down before we both walk towards the entrance of Nate's house. Due to my shyness of bumping into Nate, I stay at Mitch's back as he leads the way.

"Hey Man!, you came how are you doing?", Trevor asks Mitch as he sees him inside the house. I have to admit, he is looking really good.

I try to hide my face by putting it down and acting like I was going through my phone to avoid seeing Nate.

I hope I see him with a girl, that would make today one of my happiest days because even though I don't believe what he and Mitch usually say about the two of us, I still kind of feel bad for him whenever I see him, I just wish he can forget about me and move on.

"I am good and you?" Mitch responds to Trevor 

"Doing great man, thanks. Feel free to take whatever you want", Trevor says before he sights me at Mitch's back

"Wow Jess you came?", he says surprised to see me.

"Yeah, surprise!, I came", I say shyly as I leave Mitch's back and move to his front so I can see him clearly while Mitch leaves us to get a drink and sit

"Sorry I didn't invite you, I felt you wouldn't make it because of your Mum", he explains

"No you don't have to be sorry, I totally get it", I tell him with a smile, assuring him that it's okay.

"Alright, serve yourself and feel at home", he says as he leaves to attend to his other guests.

I turn to go and join Mitch where he was sitting before I bump into a guy. I raise my head to see who the guy was and great it happened to be the only guy I was avoiding seeing at this party.

"Ohh wow, hey!", I greet Nate nervously

"Wow, Jess! what are you doing at Trevor's party?. Is your Mum really fine with you attending an evening party because I totally disagree she will, and what about Andrew?", he asks

"Hmm, it's kind of a long story with my Mum, but Andrew and I are not together anymore", I tell him

"Wow, that's sad, how are you feeling, hope you are okay?"

"I am getting better, thanks", I tell him.

"Okay, do you need anything here?", he asks me

"Don't bother, I am fine, let me look for Mitch and join him", I tell him

"Alright, let me know if you need anything later", he says

"Okay, thanks!", I thank him feeling happy that with the little crisis going on, we can still talk and be friends. He leaves and heads to join some other guys at one of the table.

I finally find Mitch on one of the sofas in the living room with two glasses of drinks on the table close to him.

"Here is yours ma'am", he says jokingly handing me a glass of drink as I got to the table and took a sit next to him

"What drink is it, hope there is no alcohol in it?", I ask him

"No, just fruit juice only", he replies