Chapter 4

JESS

I pick my white and black checkers long sleeve shirt and my black jeans from my closet to wear to class.

After dressing up and combing my hair,I pick up my books and head downstairs to meet Mitch waiting for me in the sitting room.

"What happened last night,Trevor said he saw a guy holding you and taking you to the car because you couldn't walk alone,like you were drunk or something but I told him it can't be you because you don't drink", Mitch says worried as he stands up and join me as we both walk to his car

"It's a long story Mitch and I didn't want to bother you because you and Megan were kind of having fun or a conversation",I tell him as we both enter the car and he starts it.

"No Jess,whenever you need me,I am always available no matter who I am with,thats why we are friends,to always be there for each other,no matter the circumstances",he says as I smile feeling lucky to have a friend like him.

"Thanks Mitch",I tell him

"Wow,you know Megan actually said you were going to leave the bar with a guy,she is really a psychic",he says and chuckle

"Anyone can predict a girl meeting a guy in a home filled with guys,she was just lucky",I tell Mitch

"Hmm,I don't believe any girl can just predict it but were you really drunk last night and who was the guy holding you?",he asks again curiously as we get to school and head to the school garden to wait for our classes to begin which would start around nine-thirty,that's an hour from now.

I don't want to tell Mitch about Justin but I have to because I know when it comes to stuffs like this he will probably find out sooner or later and he is my best friend,I don't think I would feel comfortable not telling him.

I open up to Mitch and tell him about everything that happened last night.

"Wait,did you say Justin as in Justin Bolt?,Mitch interrupts on hearing Justin's name.

"Yeahh!,wait a second,how do you know his last name is Bolt,do you know him?",I ask Mitch suprisingly

"yeah he is kind of close to Nate and I think he is a new transferred student,",Mitch replies

"so my assumption was right",he whispers to himself

"What assumption was right?",I ask him,desperate to understand what he just said.

" I don't really know him but he shares few classes with us and I think he kinds of like you"

"What makes you think he likes me and why am I hearing this now?",I ask Mitch but he keeps quiet and look away from me with a sad face like he did something wrong.

"Mitch!!,why am I hearing this now?",I yell at him

"Remember the week your Mum felt ill badly that you had to leave school and when you got to the hospital,you stayed with her for few days"

"Yeah I remember,what happened that week?"

"we had two chemistry classes that week,the second class there was a test,Mr Matthew wanted to cut off your test marks for not writing the test,but Justin followed Mr Matthew outside the classroom after the class,I hid by the locker close to them to hear what their conversation was about,I didn't hear them clearly but I heard Justin mentioning your name and when our results came out,your test script was one of the scripts with the highest score,and I am very sure that Mr Matthew didn't just pass you on his own because he made it very clear in class that day,that he wasn't going to pass you until Justin had a little talk with him outside"