[Chapter 14]

NATE

I pack all Ashley belongings from my apartment and take them to the backyard creating fire from my hands and burning them.

"What the hell are you doing here?",I ask Ashley as I sensed her appear at my back.

"Is this how much you hate me,burning my clothes really?",she says but I ignore her and turn to go back in.

"Nate hold on,just hear me out for a minute",she says blocking me and holding my shoulder

"What do you have to say?",I ask her removing her hand from my shoulder.

"Whatever you must think of me Nate,I just want you to know that what we had together was one of the greatest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life."

"Wow,I am sure what you meant to say was that using me and my friends to get your dad back was one of the greatest things that has happened in your entire life"

"Do you even really know what I and my brother's plan was initially? To rip out your heart and use your blood to release our father because apparently it's not only angel's blood and sacred blade that can open the door,the heart and blood of a campbell can also do the same.But by the time I got to know you better,I had a change of heart,I couldn't bear to lose you,that was why I left Hawthorne to go and seek for another way to release my father"

"And that meant hurting my friend Jess and now Kristen her Mum,the only person that loved her in a way no one can ever love her is dead because of your father!",I tell Ashley

"I am so sorry about Kristen death Nate,I truly am but I hope you would understand that my love for you was never a joke",she says

"Leave",I tell her

"What?",she asks

"I said leave!",I yell at her as she looks at me putting on a sad face before she disappears.

I  decide to dress up and head to Jess house this morning to see how she is doing.

I knock as I got to Jess house but no one comes to open the door.I opened the door and yelled her and Justin's name but no one answered.I start to hear sounds of sticks hitting each other at the backyard as I head to the backyard and see Jess dressed in a yoga top and pants and Justin dressed in black shirt as usual and a black sport pants,they were both holding sticks,training before they saw me and stopped.

"Hey Man what's up?",Justin asks

"I am good,just came to check on Jess to see how she is doing but I can see she is getting better"

"Nate my Nephilim powers activated last night",Jess tells me

"Wow really?",I ask her

"Yeah but I am not grateful for having it now,when I needed it,it wasn't there,if it was there maybe I could have saved her",she says

"Jess,what happened to your Mum is not your fault,your Mum would want you to be happy and accept yourself for who you truly are",I tell her

"Nate is right Jess,you know your Mum would want you to be happy",Justin contributes

"Let me go and make some iced tea for this hot weather",Justin says as he leaves

"Nate,there something I need to tell you",Jess tells me as Justin leaves.

"Anything Jess,are you alright?",I ask her

"Yeah I am fine,it's just that during my transition into a nephilim last night,some memories came back to me.I remember everything that happened between the both of us and I am sorry for doubting you all these while and walking out on you the other day at Becky's.I still love you and I would always will but that was the past,there must be a reason why that part of my memory was taken away,I really love the both of us as friends,so can we please remain like that?",she asks

"Yeah of course,of course I am just glad that you know the truth"

"I don't know if it's possible,can you find out who did this to me,who took away my memories?".she asks

"I don't think telling you who did it is a good idea Jess"

"So you know who did it?,please Nate I think I deserve to know too",she asks desperately as I stare at her thinking of if I should tell her the hard truth or not.

"I did a spell the next day at home after we met at Becky's to reveal the cause of the darkness I felt in you,when I did it I.....I saw your Mum,she made a warlock compel you to forget about the relationship we had"

"My Mum! That's not possible...why would she do that?"

"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you and your Mum in a tight corner because of me and now Jess don't let this spoil all the good memory you have of her,she must have done what she did for a good reason,for your protection."

"She wanted to tell me before she died,she mentioned your name something about having a confession to say with your name but I was so interested in knowing more about Asmodeus",Jess says as she starts to shed tears.

"It's okay Jess,everything would be fine",I tell her giving her a hug.

"Thanks",she says trying to cheer up as Justin comes out with glasses of ice teas on a tray.

"Have you told Mitch that you are now a Nephilim,he is going to freak out",Justin ask Jess as we three laughed it out.

"Um Justin,this is for you.I tried looking for a spell to break your transition every full moon or any time you wolf out but I couldn't find one so I made this for you,you would always leave it on your wrist,it would prevent you from wolfing out anytime or on a full ,moon instead you can only wolf out whenever you desire to",I tell him handing him a silver wrist band I made specially for him.

"Wow man,thank you so much.I can't believe you did this for me,you just saved me from going through hell every full moon",Justin says excited as he puts on the wrist band.

"So you are training huh,is it because of your new transition",I ask Jess as we take our glass of iced tea from the tray on the table and take a sit each on the chairs at the backyard.

"I was powerless when Asmodeus defeated my Mum in my presence,but when next I see him it won't be like before",she says with a vengeance tune

"It would take a lot of hard work to defeat Asmodeus and we can't do it alone,Asmodeus is a deadly demon.",Justin says

" He is powerful Jess and very strong.Defeating him won't be an easy task,we need help from powerful people to win this battle",I tell her

"Yeah you guys are right but I won't rest until I get justice for what he did to my Mum"

TO BE CONTINUED!!!