Vegetables.

"Senpai... why are you making me bend over?"

"So  we can have garden sex."

———

Slap!

"Stop. Horny jail. I'm not going gardening. With you. Again." (M/N) threatened coldly.

"Ow! I was joking! I would take you out to dinner and confess first. You're such an aggressive Kouhai." Isshiki rubbed his head.

"You're an unnecessary flirt. I can't tell if you're being serious or not." (M/N) admitted.

"What if I am?" Isshiki suggested.

"Good question. I would take your feelings seriously too." (M/N) said.

Pulling away, the older of the two widened his eyes in amusement before wrapping his filthy arms around (M/N)'s shoulders. (M/N) didn't take him seriously due to how much fooling around Isshiki did. He knew Akira was serious but not Isshiki. It made him feel awkward because he just couldn't tell. Gardening with Ishiki was already exhausting since he wasn't used to heavy labour intensive exercise, he was too busy playing games and reading manga.

[L/N][M/N]

Picking up the watering can, I continued watering the tomato plants that seemed to be growing nicely, ignoring the unnecessary flirt. At least Isshiki took gardening seriously when he wasn't a tease. Absentmindedly, my mind trailed off to Akira before I thought about our dynamic. I wasn't in love and neither was he yet, but I did like him and he did too but I like Souma as well. He had unknowingly rejected me a few years ago and it did hurt but I still liked him. Ibusaki was also strange, I couldn't pin his feelings exactly but he did want to go word carving after lunch.

A man who was quiet and kept to himself, quite like me. I enjoyed that but he was mysteriously cunning, always planning behind the scenes. It was strange but relieving since he was opening up to me. Genuinely, I thought that he might've disliked me since he would tend to give a harsh stare when I was eating. A head rested on my should before I felt the watering can being taken away from me.

"You should pay attention to your Senpai, he can teach you a lot of things."

"You could."

That's when I received a long informative talk from Isshiki about how to properly garden the vegetables so they would grow optimally and how to make plants be ready for fertilisation. I had to give him a cold stare whenever he made a joke or two. I didn't mean to but a resting bitch face does that and smiling was similar to a creepy smile. Dear father, your features that you have blessed me with are a curse and a blessing. I can't tell which it is right now.

"You don't have to force yourself to be here if you don't want to." Isshiki stated.

"Your partially right."

"I was expecting you to disagree like a good kouhai since you want to make me proud-!"

"Physical work is exhausting. It's a pain in the ass. I'm not good at it. But your are my senpai and I guess housemate. A friend too so I wanted to try. Sorry. I'm nothing special but I'll keep trying for now. Please do tell me where I go wrong." I mumbled.

"(M/N) kouhai! You're adorable!"

I wasn't expecting Isshiki to fawn over my response since I admitted to being a lazy person. However, here I was, being hugged by a dirty Isshiki covered in dirt in nothing but an apron but I relished the hug and gave a tight hug back. Smelling of the earthy welcoming hues.

He went a tad bit slack in my hug before returning it. Then I realised, since he was slightly taller than me and basically pressing himself against me im, I could feel his groin. Why was he semi-hard?! My face heated up in embarrassment before I pointed it out. It was hard to make me embarrassed but here I was, over a dick. This wasn't expected, my mind didn't know where to go with this. I didn't have experience nor any knowledge from the manga I read. That's when I left the scene, immediately giving up on my words. I would try better next time.

[Isshiki Satoshi]

Cute.

Everything in my mind of ideal people seemed to be quite the opposite of him. He never stood out, he was cute but never standing out in the looks category either in terms of the common beauty standards and fashion. I liked people who were driven like Nene Kinokuni but he wasn't openly driven. He enjoyed his games and it seemed he had no driving force behind joining the academy. It was a mixed view.

I would have thought that the person by Erina's side was just as bold but here he was hiding in her shadows and he was content. The sun and the moon. They never actually needed the other but wanted to be in each other's company, earning their reputation for being a duo of sorts. Erina, the one who's pallet has been blessed and (M/N)'s who's been cursed. An outspoken and confident person with high expectations and a reserved person with equally high expectations from society.

Dull, lifeless eyes. Emotional reactions that were lacking unless embarrassed so far. He blended in so well in the background. Why did I want to know him better? Was it those small smiles and those retorts? The outstanding cooking? I had no clue but I wanted to know my kouhai better. His words were touching in their own way. I just had to freak him out by getting a half hard on. Hopefully he'll forgive that stint.

[Ibusaki Shun]

A knock was heard on the hard wooden surface of the door which I opened. (M/N) was standing there, phone in hand and waving casually at me. Nodding my head politely, I let him in.

"Ah, you arrived? It's earlier than I planned but it's alright, come in."

"Thanks. I want to know you better. Before we saw wood."

Wordlessly, I let him settle down in the kitchen with me. That's when I noticed a dilemma. Two quiet people who seemingly had nothing in common were bound to struggle conversing. I didn't think this far ahead and now we're both in awkward silence before (M/N) spoke up after switching off his phone. Was he playing Genshin again?

"Why do you smoke everything?"

That was actually a great way to open a conversation with me.

A/N: (M/N) being a mood. I relate to his lazy unbothered ass. Sorry I keep forgetting to update this. Thank you for reminding mee! He's the most normal character I've written. Happy parents, normal life-well about that. I love Erina and (M/N)'s friendship.

Byeee!