Megumi and Soma Vs Shinomiya

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"How are you so confident that they will win?" Shinomiya asked while we walked to the building.

"I think they know. The feeling of home well. Especially Megumi. I'm sure Soma will be great support. He's always there. For Megumi." I smiled

"The feeling of home?"

"Yeah. Haven't you been away from home and been doing French Cuisine for a long time? You're bound to lose touch with your roots." I explained bluntly

"Do you always talk like that with your abrupt sentence and pauses. The way you speak is just blunt. You lack a sense of refinement in your speech." Shinomiya interrogated.

"Yes." I bluntly answered.

Hearing Shinomiya sigh, I continued walking down the hallway of the building into the underground. Shinomiya gracefully opened the door for both of us before I ducked under his arm and went in. I took a seat next  to Gin before he started explaining the rules while I brought out my phone and played. I was not a judge since Gin said I wouldn't be able to judge the difference. To my surprise, Megumi had to be the lead cook and Soma would support her. She looked like she would have a mental breakdown but Soma helped her.

The three of them started cooking and it was miraculous that Soma could keep up so easily. I almost forgot how well he could do that. The way he chopped up vegetables remided me of when I was forced to sit on the sidelines while I was much younger. I could faintly remember just coming out of hospital and Joichiro wanted to prepare a dish which made Soma want to help. He was a sweet boy. It was too bad that the dish they derved didn't taste as good as it could've been.

"Is it good (M/N)?!" Soma asked excitedly

"Of course it's good, I made it!" Joichiro  said boldly

"Daad!" Soma whined.

"(M/N)? Something wrong?" Joichiro noticed

"...I can't... taste this"

My eyes snapped out of my trance and stopped playing before slipping my phone in my pocket. No point if I wasn't going to play it was just wasting battery. I wonder why I thought of that old memory when looking at Soma. Something must be wrong with me. I watched them continue cooking until they were done. They were doing well from what I could tell. Megumi had a little fiasco earlier but Soma slapped her hands with his to give her confidence and it was working.

It seemed Shinomiya was done and was waiting for his dish to come out of the oven. Eventually, he did plate it up onto several plates. Megumi with Soma's help did as well. I smiled at their teamwork which resulted in Gin poking my cheeks. I pouted for that. The sound of plates being put on the table made me divert my attention away from Gin to the plate. He had served me one too. I was shocked, possibly floored. Nervously, I grabbed the fork and knife before slicing and picking it up.

It looked pretty like a delicate festival of vegetables to me. Vegetable dishes were really his thing. Amazing. I opened my mouth rather excitedly in hopes thatit was delicious. I was there faintly on my tongue but I still couldn't really taste it. Gin noticed when I sighed in dissatisfaction to myself. For a bit, I could feel Shinomiya's eyes on my figure which were waiting for my approval. Sadly, I couldn't give him one.

The dish that was served next didn't taste any better but Shinomiya's dish came with years of experience and training. It lacked a sense if belonging and love while Megumi's contained that but lacked experience. The decision was made. Three coins for Shinomiya. I had a coin in my hand which I casted for Megumi. The sense if love was something I could see poured in and she stood out in a truly unique way. Even Gin put a coin for Megumi. Gin brought up that Shinomiya had come to a standstill, not knowing where to go anymore.

The answer lied in Megumi's dish which Gin gave Shinomiya a plate of. He took a bite and I could see that he was moved to tears. That was really sweet and cute in a way. Shinomiya's own coin went into Megumi's plate. How kind of him. Megumi's dish contained allspice which eased the flavour but most importantly helped with digestion which the judges needed. She was a cinnamon roll. It was now a draw and it was decided to leave Megumi in school. She wasn't expelled.

Everyone cleared out and Megumi went ahead first after thanking Soma with tears in her eyes. Soma asked me to leave with Megimi but I still stayed by his side. In his frustration, Soma slammed his right hand against the wall, I stared before calmly grabbing his hand. We would need to take care of it now. Soma watched me with a frown so I cupped his face with one hand. He looked at me and our eyes met. A smile made it's way to his face the moment I congratulated him. He ended up hugging me and I wasn't expecting it.

"I feel frustrated (M/N), I wanted to win that" Soma mumbled before leaning against my shoulder.

"I know you did Soma but I think you did win some part. Didn't you? Like. You kept up. You put in love into that and it was a tie. This only shows that you can be better. Let's go back now."

"Sounds good, thanks (M/N)" Soma pulled off and smiled at me.

"No problem" I smiled

The walk back home felt nostalgic as we walked with the sun setting down the gravelled path to the main building while holding hands. It felt like we were kids again. I laughed quite a bit with him before arriving back and seperating since I didn't feel well and I needed to sleep early. I passed by Shun and he reassured me that everyone had heard the news. I blinked at that before awkwardly agreeing.

It was silent and just awkward before we laughed at the awkwardness and parted ways. Walking down the hallway, I found my room eventually and swiped the card before heading in and changing clothes after a shower. I collapsed onto the bed, panting. I was exhausted. I still felt sick. I was too tired to even eat dinner. I heard the door click open and Kurokiba stepped in. He greeted me before he changed. I bid him goodnight before sleeping.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter! Fact, poor (M/N) is getting a bit sick but Ryo will help him. Second fact, Gin thought Soma was gonna kiss (M/N) but face palmed when he didn't. Dude is cockblocking himself ahahha bye!

 Dude is cockblocking himself ahahha bye!