Kisses

"Not everything has to be about the big things."
———

[L/N][M/N]

I was laying on my bed, thinking about the kiss. Souma didn't want anything from it and even left afterwards. I guess he was dissatisfied. My heart did ache a little but nothing getting a good cry or game won't fix eventually. I just wanted to game but my phone was charging so I reviewed recipes I had taken down over the years. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hayama, you called? What did you need?" I answered.

"Ne, I have a question. If I win this thing. What's the likelihood I can kiss you?" Hayama asked.

"...Is this a joke?"

I questioned. First Souma and now Hayama. Maybe Souma thought of it as just a joke or a whim since I am gay. A thing to try out. Maybe they were all making a big joke but I didn't think that deeply. It did sting a little since we were friends but I'll avoid Souma for a little until things go back to normal. It's fine if they wanted to use me to some degree but I never expected it in this way.

"What do you mean? Let me guess Souma asked to kiss you too?" Hayama hit the jackpot.

"He did. Are you all messing with me?" I questioned seriously.

"Hmm, you can be dense sometimes. We aren't messing with you. I know, how about this instead, if I win this whole thing, can I take you on a date?" Hayama's voice came through, he sounded serious.

"I might disappoint you. I am pretty disappointing." I announced firmly, grabbing my headset.

"We'll see about that."

The phone call ended right after. I grabbed my laptop and multitasker looking at memes, Wowtube and my own documents about my recipes. I wasn't slacking behind at least. It was good to document my notes and recipes in some way. It was also fun to have grumpy cat in the corner of my screen. It was cute and good motivation.

———

[Hayama Akira]

Boring? I wonder what part about him was boring. My mind was only on the competition except for that small bit that was stirring towards (M/N). I like him, but I wonder in what way. I really knew that I wanted to kiss him once at least. What type of kisser would he be?

That Yukihira got lucky with a head-start but I will catch up.

"Hayama-kun? What's wrong? Why are you here? You're going to catch a cold, you know?"

Sniffing my cinnamon stick, I observed her sitting on the grass next to me. I gave her the excuse that I wanted to feel the cold night breeze before scolding her for being in such light clothing too. She warned me not to get too overworked up over this competition. She was already proud that I passed the preliminaries. Her smile wanted to make me win this even more.

———

"Nii chan, (M/N) is really cute ne?" Isami laughed.

"Shut it, he's just a little bit cute!" Takumi huffed.

"I wish I could've talked to him today. He was missing though. He's so cute when he pouts at dying in video games."