Eggs

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Everything was quite hot in my sleep but I soon felt something cool on my forehead which woke me up. There was a hand there and Ryo was standing next to my bed before he pulled his hand away. Was he checking my temperature? He explained that I was constantly shifting in my sleep and sighing a lot. I apologized before reassuring him that I was fine. I did my best the next two days to complete my tasks.

I managed to push down my fever as I took care of myself with Ryo silently watching over me too. His was of caring despite us knowing each other for a few days. Speaking of which, the camp would end soon. In fact, it would be our third last day. In the hall, I was sitting down and drinking water before I felt a tap on my shoulder. Looking behind me, I saw Alice there who was waving at me. I gulped. She wouldn't hesitate to kidnap me when we were younger so I'm a but wary.

"Hey Alice, where's Ryo?" I asked

"I told him to go fetch some stuff. Anyways, you should be taking care of yourself! Mou, you're sick right now aren't you?" Alice pointed out

"How did you ..? Oh right Ryo. I'm feeling better though Alice." I smiled

"I'm so glad Erina hasn't seen me or you yet. She so mean! Why does she never let me have you for a day or two! So mean!" Alice pouted

"You've tried kidnapping me.."

"Like a reasonable person. I mean, who wouldn't kidnap you?" Alice laughed

"Sane people. Normal people. I don't even know why you would want to kidnap me especially now. I'm very dull." I replied.

Alice pouted and grabbed my cheeks before pinching them to let out her frustrations. She had a cute pout as she complained about my dull eyes childishly, missing the way they would light up as a a kid. The other students stared at us but Ryo came back in and glared at them briefly which made them turn away and some even left. He was holding a plastic bag full of items that Alice grabbed and began rummaging through.

Immediately, Alice brought out items and she told Ryo to hold me down. I blinked as he put his hands on my shoulders while Alice brought out medicine. She had a wicked grin that turned into dissatisfaction when she realised that I couldn't taste the horrible medicine. She took a fever strip and peeled off the back before slapping it onto my forehead after Ryo moved my hair away. I sighed in relief at the cool surface of the fever strip. Ryo was staring a bit and I pointed it out to Alice before Ryo mentioned how we have never met prior. He asked Alice why and Alice blamed it on Erina.

Must be nice to be able to laugh like that.

I wish Erina could laugh like that too like she's completely free.

There was an announcement made which we all blinked at before heading to the main hall on the ground floor. Seems like it was time for the final challenges. Gin gave the briefing and that the challenge would begin in the morning. We could stay up all night making our dishes or make a dish we like and go to bed. Sighing, I headed into the kitchen before started to think. We had to make a dish with a surprise. My mind immediately jumped to temperature difference as well as spices. Spices to lure them in and the alluring temperature difference to make them stay.

An egg based pudding. That looked like an egg and had warm egg custard inside. I smoothie with egg could be served too which would act as an amazing dessert dish since many went for savoury food. I could entrust the egg with caramel before covering in with white chocolate to seem like an egg. I could even cut up my creation to make it appetising to people . Quickly, I got to work on crafting it by experimenting with sugar and it's molasses content while considering how thick I wanted the pudding to be in relation to the pudding. I managed to get the a pale yellow.

I made cake that I cut to look like bread before putting the egg on top and garnishing it with different sweets that were also slightly salty. I went to bed after bidding everyone else good night. Shinomiya's words were still in my head. I went to bed but woke up in the same bed as Ryo who was changing the damp towel on my forehead. He must've moved so I would be easier to take care of. I was in Hall A with Soma, Tadokoro, Aldini and Erina. How dangerous, if I'm not careful then I might be eaten alive.

The challenge began when people stepped in through those large doors. I began right away and took 20 minutes before I was ready to go. I was racking in the people after that. Easily, I passed the challenge but kept serving. Hearing my name being called made me happy though. The children were the ones most interested in it the most and teenagers were pretty into it too. The staff of the hotel came by too and tried it, it was truly unique. I got worried for Soma though. He still hadn't even reached 10 plates while Aldini and Megumi had already done it.

Erina was easily racking in customers too. I had to stop at 400 customers. I ran out of ingredients. There were only ten minutes left and I forgot to check in on Soma. My eyes widened when I saw how fast he was going. I smiled at it and watched in amazement. Those ten minutes passed by quickly and I let out a small cheer when they did. I approached Soma as Erina and him chatted but I was tackled by Alice which Erina glared at. Alice refused to let go of me and Erina reached out to grab my arm so she could pull me away.

"So mean! You took (M/N) away when we were kids, I deserve to have him too! Ryo help me!" Alice said

"Soma help me, oww you two are hurting me" I winced

At that, Soma immediately stepped in as did Ryo and separated them from me. I was facing Soma's chest and met it as Soma gently grabbed my back and pulled me closer. I thanked him as Alice introduced herself to Soma and she explained how they were related. Ryo nearly ended up explaining the same thing so Alice stopped him. I pulled away from Soma to look at the other three. The way Ryo looked at me sent shivers down my spine. He glanced away rather quickly though while Soma wrapped an arm around my neck. We watched Erina and Alice argue. It felt like when we were younger.

"And you barbarian! Get your filthy hands off of (M/N) right now!" Erina scolded

"Says you! You don't even know he's sick!" Alice pointed out

Oh no.

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope this shows how overprotective Erina is . Fun fact, Gin was watching through the cameras the whole entire assessment and facepalmed again when Soma still didn't make a move on (M/N). Second fun fact, Gin worries Ryo will make a move on (M/N). He not even comfortable if Soma went further than kissing. It's his unofficial way of saying 'that's my kid now'. Sadly, I can't put in a ghost gif! Sorry!