The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 3

I couldn't see Liam in the main entryway, so I ran further in noting the dwindling amounts of people.
"Belle, come back!" Jake sang, chasing after me at a leisurely pace. I scanned the area I could see, finally finding Liam standing in the line for Tim Horton's.
"Liam!" I yelled, nearly plowing him down.
"Hey. What's wrong?" He caught me, and steadied me. I then told him all about Jake, and how he must have traced my call.
"Crazy ex?" Liam concluded.
"Yeah." I sighed, if that's what he wanted to believe, so be it.
"I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend, so he goes away." I nodded toward a furious Jake, charging toward us.

"Alright," he nodded.
"Pretend you know everything about the organization, but don't talk." I whispered frantically.

"Hello Belle. Who's your friend?" Jake's expression turned to a grin, as he sidled up beside us.
"This is my boyfriend, Liam." I wrapped my arm around his waist and turned to glare at Jake.
"Another stray you dragged in for the organization? You know your father wouldn't approve." He sneered, eyeing Liam.
"Depends on which side you're on." I snapped, and Liam's arm tightened on my shoulder, silently holding me back from clawing Jake's useless eyes out.
"I've joined the Carlingtons. The Stones are still in shock about Andrew killing your dear father, and with you gone they don't know what to do. But Tony still wants you Belle." His voice was dripping with fake sympathy.
"Never! All Tony wants is my money, I won't be prisoner to his whims!" I yelled, causing a few people to look on in surprise at how such a tiny girl could get that much volume.
"You'll change your mind, or we'll change it for you." Jake whispered quietly in my ear, causing me to flinch into Liam's side.

"What's going on here?" Asked a burly security guard. I quickly put on my charming smile.
"Nothing sir, my boyfriend and I were just leaving." My voice was sickly sweet, and he nodded his features softening. When he turned to glare at Jake, he was gone. Disappearing always was one of Jake's specialties.

I grabbed Liam's hand, dragging him into a deserted hallway as I searched for a supply closet. I tugged on the door, sighing in relief when it was unlocked.
"In here!" I hissed, shoving Liam inside, and shutting the door silently behind me.
"I thought your name was Kenzie?" Liam's expression was so far beyond confused it was almost comical.
"You heard that my father died, so I'm the new head of the organization, do you want in?" I asked hopefully.
"Part of what?" His tone was accusing, and skeptical.

"My father was the head of our mob, Jake was his right hand man. Andrew's the head of our rival family, the Carlingtons. I had to watch Andrew kill my father and I knew I had to make my escape. Which is how I ended up here. Since my father died, Andrew's son Tony wants to force me into marrying him so they can take my money. Ever heard of the Stone family? Well, I'm the only living member, Belle Stone." I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Wait. So you're like on the run now?" When Liam didn't take my hand I put it behind my back.
"Yeah, if I don't want to marry Tony." I shuddered outwardly at the thought of marrying him. He was cold on the inside and outside.
"Alright then, I want in." He grinned, while I returned with a small smile.
"Great, we just need to do the exchange, give me your right hand." I held out my free hand while the other searched for my pocket knife.
"How'd you get through airport security?" He winced slightly when I sliced his palm.
"I'm pat of the mafia, I got connections." I used my Italian accent which I had to cover up in America. I then sliced my own palm and held our hands together. The blood exchange was the way of getting in, you had to exchange with a member of the family.
"Are you italian?" He asked, noting my perfect accent.
"Originally, I moved to America when I was ten and had to hide my accent. Alright you're in." I grinned pressing a tissue to his palm.
"This is like those movies about the mafia." He chuckled, while I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, for sure. Now we need to get out of BC, but we can't fly so we need a car." I cracked the door, checking if the coast was clear, and stepped out.
"Sure, we can take my car. I just have to go to my apartment first." He looked over, and I nodded.
"Just know, if you're trying to set me up, I have a black belt. I'm also trained in artillery and knife-handling."
"Don't get on your bad side. Got it." He said, leading me to his car.