The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 19

"Guys, wake the hell up!" Liam yelled excitedly, flipping on the lights.
I groaned, and pulled the blankets over my head, and I knew Lexi would be doing the same. She was definitely not a morning person.
"I'm serious! It's about Andrew." He whined, standing in between our beds. I quickly shoved the covers off and stood, the name catching my interest.
"What about him?" I yawned, running my fingers through my hair in an attempt to look normal.
"SHUT UP!" Lexi shrieked. I rolled my eyes and dragged Liam into the living room.
"So?" I prompted, crossing my arms over my chest.
"He's here. In Italy. But he doesn't seem to know we're here, by what I saw on my patrol. Just a sweep." I sunk down on to the edge of the couch, attempting to take it all in.

He was in my town, my hometown. Would I be able to take him out?
"He knows we're here." My voice came out as a whisper.
Liam nodded, not at all bothered. "We can take him out." I shot him a look and he shrugged.
"I'll go talk to Lex." I reluctantly went to wake up my crabby friend.

"Lex." I shook her, and her hand shot out from under the fluffy pillow, catching me in the collarbone.
I quickly caught her hand and flipped her so that I was straddling her.
"Oh, so you've gone lesbian now. Nice." She snorted, as Liam walked into the room.
"Wow. This would be so hot if it wasn't my sister." He wrinkled his nose, leaning against the doorframe.
"Get your ass up Lexi. It's important." I got up and stalked into the living room, where I stood tapping my foot.
I was checking out my weapons when I was spun around. I met Liam's faux-black gaze and raised my eyebrows.
"Are you okay? You've never been this bothered by a target." He said, pulling me closer.
"The target's never been this close to where we live." I whispered, resting my head against his well toned chest.
"Baby, he'll be dead before he realizes what hit him." Liam grinned, wagging his eyebrows.
I shoved him, chuckling. "Oh, stop."

"Alright, what's the fuss?" Lexi entered the room, fully dressed and looking nothing like I'd woken her up ten minutes before.
"Andrew's here." I announced, looping my arm around Liam's waist for support. He ran a hand up and down my spine soothingly.
Lexi spun in a quick circle, surveying the room. "Here here?"
I smiled tightly. "No hun, here in the town."
Her relief showed on her face, and she sagged against the wall, all traces of her earlier alert gone.
"Who's going with me to take him out?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked.
There was silence, while the siblings stared at eachother for a split second before the room erupted in chaos.
I laughed at their bickering, and left the room shaking my head.

"So how does it feel to know you're going to be killed by the man who killed your father?" Andrew laughed throatily as the barrel of the gun pressed against my temple.
"Call your boyfriend." I smiled inwardly as I remembered Andrew had partial hearing loss. So he could have mistaken their argument for the television.
"Liam." I made my voice as scared as possible, just to throw Andrew off.
Liam walked into the room, and froze before his gaze flicked behind me before his eyes met my own.